- viewmonitorinteractiveAsked on March 23, 2016 at 11:36 AM
I am trying to do page break so after the form is filled out that in the submission options I can either download or print. But I want to organize the form so that the on every header starts on a new page, or i can choose. I don't want it all bunch together.. I saw some Faq how to do it but i don't see any option from after you submit the form(Submission) that you can control how the pdf layout will be or change in the print option there they layout.Page URL:
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on March 23, 2016 at 12:19 PM
If I understand you correctly, you want to customize the PDF submission so that when you downloaded them, you can just print them. Is that correct?
You can actually customize the PDF submission using the PDF Designer. Please follow the steps below:
1. In My Forms, select the form and then click the "Submissions" button.
2. Click the "Get PDF" button and then click the "Customize PDF" option.
3. In the PDF Designer, you can fully customize the PDF submission.
If you want to make the Headers and Texts visible to your form, you have to enable it in the Submissions area. Here's how:
In the Submissions area, click the "gear or option" icon and then check the "Show Headers and Text". After that, click the "gear or option" icon again to save the changes.
Hope this helps. Thank you.
- viewmonitorinteractiveAnswered on March 23, 2016 at 12:45 PMNO.. I want to customize when things appear on the next new page.. I want
every page break I have in the form.. To be where in actually the new page
breaks in the pdf and print form
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on March 23, 2016 at 01:08 PM
You're saying that the form fields are altogether when you convert them to a fillable PDF form? Is that correct?
Unfortunately, Page Break is not yet supported in the fillable PDF. Actually, not all features are available in fillable PDF. Please refer to this article: Fillable PDF Everything you need to know about JotForm Fillable PDF Creator
However, our developers are constantly finding ways to improve the fillable PDF creator. Thank you for understanding.
- viewmonitorinteractiveAnswered on March 23, 2016 at 03:45 PMNO... I want something like this:
But after i fill out the form.. So in the printing in the submission tab...
- HubersonAnswered on March 23, 2016 at 05:37 PM
If I understand perfectly, what you need is to have each section Header (or Page Break ) start on a new page when printing the submission. Correct me if I get it wrong.
To do that you need to add Text field where you want the section to start ( Right before the Header or Page Break ) and use 'Edit HTML' on the field to add a class that will be used to create the page break ( In this example I use pagebreak as the class name but any other name would be fine).
Then add the bellow CSS code to the form
You can have a look at a demo HERE. When you click the print button each Section /Page Break fall on it's own page.
- iakofcstatewardenAnswered on March 30, 2016 at 06:54 PM
Boy, it would be soooo much easier and straight forward if when generating the PDF:
- Instead of removing any survey page breaks
- The software could replace them with this HTML and then add this CSS
I think that replacement is the behavior we are all expecting. When the PDF service is unstuck, I'll give your solution a try. I still haven't confirmed that it works on my form.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on March 31, 2016 at 12:36 AM
Do let us know how it goes. In the meantime, I have sent your suggestion as a feature request so that the feature might be added for the page break. We will let you know on this thread once there are any updates.
- zoedtdtAnswered on August 03, 2016 at 09:46 PM
add page break to pdf can be done very well on http://www.pdfcoding.com/online/pdf/process-split-pdf-document/, this is a wonderful split pdf into multiple files, and There are only three steps to break apart a pdf easily.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on August 03, 2016 at 11:14 PM
Thank you for the suggestion @zoedtdt. We will keep that in mind in case any of our users require their PDFs to be split into multiple files.
In the meantime, this feature request is still open and we shall let you know if we have any new updates here. Regards.