- YOLOAsked on March 23, 2016 at 07:16 PMThank you again, really helpful.
We are now using jot forms.. just wanted an understanding on whether with
the free account - 100 MB is a per month storage feature or all in all only
100 MB feature? Is this storage on your browser ? ..
I do not think this includes google drive right?
What happens if we exceed 100 MB - do we lose some of the form data on your
Also, what does 1000 monthly form views mean ?
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on March 23, 2016 at 07:25 PM
The 100 MB limit is a total space limit shared by all forms. We do not reset it each month, but you can delete some old form entries with attachments in order to clear the space. The space limit is not associated with the Google Drive. If you exceed the limit you will have some time to upgrade your account or delete the files (from JotForm submissions), otherwise your forms will be disabled.
We count one form view when someone loads a form. This is a total account limit which we reset on the first day of each month.
If you have any follow up questions, please let us know.
- YOLOAnswered on May 24, 2016 at 08:44 PMHi Thank you for the reply.
If in case of some incident I have lost my form and data associated with
it... do you provide back up files ?
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on May 25, 2016 at 12:34 AM
If you accidentally deleted a form, you can still recover it by following this guide: How to restore deleted forms. However, please note that if you "purge" the form in the trash folder, you will be unable to recover the form.
Furthermore, if you delete a submission inside a form, you will not be able to recover that submission. If you want to make sure that you have a backup of your files, you can follow the guide below:
1. Click the person icon on the top right.
2. Select Account
3. Click on the Data section
4. Click "Download your data" to download it.