- GICSAsked on March 23, 2016 at 07:37 PM
When I pick the Excel button, I get a dialogue that the file has downloaded...but nothing happens.
Export to CSV works fine.
When will this be fixed?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on March 23, 2016 at 08:35 PM
I cannot replicate this with your last form ID;
Perhaps, that was just a temporary issue with the excel download option. Please try again and let us know if the issue persists to your end.
- GICSAnswered on March 23, 2016 at 09:45 PMPerhaps you could enlighten me as to where the downloaded Excel file is
The CSV file saves to My Downloads folder.
I know I can just download a CSV and save it as XLS, but intrigued as to
why the Excel button does not to the same thing.
i can do a report off the reports menu as an XLS but it does not contain
the column headings, so is of little use to me.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on March 23, 2016 at 11:20 PM
Here's how to download your form submissions to Excel.
So when you go to your form submissions page, just click on "Excel" button to download your form submissions into Excel format.
It should be saved in the same folder where your CSV format was saved after your downloaded it.
- GICSAnswered on March 24, 2016 at 12:45 AM....and I have been trying to tell you that it does not work. there is no
excel file saved.
When I push the CSV button, it works fine and the file is saved to my
I know how to push the button and what it should do....the fact is that it
is not working.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on March 24, 2016 at 01:55 AM
I have tried to download the Excel file on one of your forms and it seems to be working fine. I was able to download the file successfully.
I have tried this using Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox Browser and Internet Explorer 11. May I know what browser are you using to download the excel so we can further investigate the issue? You can also check your browser download history and see if the download was listed there and to know the location of the downloaded file.
You can check the following screenshot to access the Browser Download History.
- GICSAnswered on March 24, 2016 at 07:45 PMThanks. Must be a setting on this laptop as it works fine on my home PC.
Will take a look at what you have suggested. Peter.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on March 24, 2016 at 11:56 PM
That's great to know. You may consider using a different browser in your laptop, to see if the issue is specific to your current browser only.