- grisu59Asked on February 29, 2012 at 04:19 AM
How can I add a function to make UPPERCASE some text fields on my form (not all text fileds)?
For example LASTNAME I need that will be UPPERCASE
- emrew86Answered on February 29, 2012 at 08:53 AM
We implemented a new feature. You can take ID of field and you can add CSS for them easier.
- grisu59Answered on February 29, 2012 at 09:55 AM
I did it and when I write in the filed all is ok
but the value inside the field is saved as lowercase!!!
So in report the fileds are lowercaase :-(
- grisu59Answered on February 29, 2012 at 11:35 AM
No solution for this last problem?
(the value inside the field is saved as lowercase)
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on February 29, 2012 at 06:28 PM
You can keep Emre's suggestion and then use my suggestion below to received them as they are.
Just add CAPITALIZE: tag inside your form variables on your form notification to automatically transform the first letter field value to uppercase. Please check this example:
Hope this helps for you. If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know. Thank you so much!
- grisu59Answered on March 01, 2012 at 09:49 AM
The problem is not how I receive in the email (taht it's not so important)
but how the values are saved in the DB
In this moment the value is SHOWED Upper but SAVED lower (if the user write lower of course)
And in the reports is show lower
I hope you understand
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on March 01, 2012 at 06:41 PM
I'll see if I can provide an ALL CAPS version of the demo for you later.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on March 01, 2012 at 07:29 PM
If you need further help with this, please let us know.
- grisu59Answered on June 08, 2012 at 07:43 AM
NO simple solution to SAVE UPPERCASE or CAPITALIZE the informations in databse??
- tonipettigrewAnswered on July 10, 2012 at 06:42 PM
I am having the same problem.
I need my DATABASE info to save as ALL UPPERCASE. I don't care what it looks like on the form or what it looks like in the email that comes to me. I only care that it is ALL CAPS in the actual csv or excel database that is downloaded.
Is there any way to do this?
Right now I have to download the database and fix everything and THEN import it to the software I need.
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on July 10, 2012 at 07:13 PM
I am sorry to inform you, but yet we do not have any simple solution for that.
I have replied to your thread.