- K9venuesAsked on March 26, 2016 at 01:03 AM
Very frustrated! I have tried many options and would have thought that since my form is secure and also encrypted is ON that the integration with paypal would work and I would not continue to get the error, "Seller Accepts Encrypted Website Payments Only".
I have read older entries about this that indicate to turn off the setting in paypal, however #1, I really don't want to do that #2 can't even seem to find a way to do that in paypal.
If jotform is secure and the form has encryption turned on why wont this work?
Here is the link to my formhttps://form.jotform.com/60828352128153
What really baffles me is that the paypal integration works just fine on the other form I created which I never encrypted?
- BorisAnswered on March 26, 2016 at 06:40 AM
I have cloned your affected form into my account for testing, form 60828352128153, and it redirected correctly to the PayPal's page for making the payment:
As it worked correctly from my own form, I've also made a test submissions directly from your form:
On your form, I see the error you've described:
The seller accepts encrypted website payments only. You cannot pay the seller through un-encrypted buttons. Please contact your seller for more details.
This is caused by the account setting in your PayPal account, and you can turn off the offending option by following these steps:
1. Log into your PayPal Account.
2. Click "Profile" tab or "Edit Profile" link.
3. Under "Selling Preferences", select "Website Payment Preferences".
4. In the section titled "Encrypted Website Payments", set "Block Non-encrypted Website Payment" to "Off".
5. Click "Save".
According to this developer documentation page, the feature would require us to further encrypt and sign the PayPal field's code in a very special way, despite our form already being secure:
The EWP feature of PayPal is not related to the SSL/HTTPS security of your form, or to encrypted data. It is a different thing altogether, designed to hide the PayPal button code from the very person who is submitting the form for payment.
I will send this as a feature request to our developers, but please be noted that as with any feature request, we can't give you any estimates on when it might be implemented, or even if the request will be accepted.
It would be best to disable that setting from within your PayPal account, to ensure that you can accept payments from custom forms. Your form is indeed already secure, both by using SSL/HTTPS to access and submit the form, as well as by using encryption to further encrypt your data even from us.
If there are any news regarding the feature request, we'll let you know through this thread. Thank you.
- JenniferAnswered on March 26, 2016 at 11:09 AMso when you clone the account does that mean you would have changed what pot PayPal account it would be going to because if not then why is it working when you clone it versus from my link. In addition, why is the my one form working just fine doing the redirect to PayPal while the other form is not makes no sense and leads one to believe it is not a PayPal setting issue as I didn't change the setting for the other form to work I provided the URL to the other form above in my original question
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on March 26, 2016 at 01:26 PM
I opened your question in separate thread that you can find here. Please open new threads for your questions so we can assist you quickly.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on March 29, 2016 at 11:35 AM
Your problem is PayPal account-related. The form K9 Venues Course Registration works because Encrypted Website Payments is turned off for PayPal account firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is turned on for account email@example.com and that is the reason why you're getting an error when submitting the form RVSC TRIAL ENTRY FORM.
Please turn off Encrypted Website Payments by following these instructions:
1. Log in to your PayPal account
2. Click Profile
3. Click My Selling Tools.
4. Under Selling online, locate Website Preferences and click Update
5. In the Encrypted Website Payments section, select Off
6. Click Save
Do let us know if you're still having issues.