- gijs_rosAsked on March 28, 2016 at 02:12 PM
This form is about creating a packinglist for holidays.
At the start of the form, they need to enter their destination.
At this moment they only choose the country they are travelling to.
I would like to have more specific information, for example 'City'.
I have tried the "All states and cities" widget but this is not working for me.
This widget needs customers to know the state of a country they are travelling to in order to pick a city.
Most travellers do not know which state their city is in.
For example: As a Dutch guy, if i would go to Oslo, Denmark. How do i know which state Oslo is in...
My wish is to have an autocomplete field where they can enter the city or country they are travelling to.
For example like: http://www.booking.com
I would like to show the city + country.
In theory this looks like the 'Airport picker' widget, but then for all cities and countries.
On this website I found info with every city: http://download.geonames.org/export/dump/
My problem is i do not know how to use/script this..
Could u help me?
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on March 28, 2016 at 03:32 PM
You can use Autocompleted Address widget.
Inside of this guide you can find how to add widget to your form:
Hope this will help. Let us know if you need further assistance.
- gijs_rosAnswered on March 29, 2016 at 01:57 PM
thank you for your quick response.
I am trying the autocomplete address widget.
At this moment all the fields are showing on the form, although i only enabled City and Country in the widget:
- Is it possible to edit the text "Enter your address here" since my website is not in English but Dutch.
- Is it possible just to have the empty textfield that autocompletes citys and countries?
- if not, how do i hide the fields House number, state and zipcode? So that only City and Country are visible.
Hope to hear from you soon
- gijs_rosAnswered on March 29, 2016 at 02:08 PM
i think i just found my answer in the "Geocomplete" widget on another thread!!
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on March 29, 2016 at 04:26 PM
Considering that you last question is not related to subject of this thread I have moved your question to separate thread and we will provide you an answer there shortly.
It should be possible to hide the fields House number, state and zip code with Custom CSS. If you would like to use Autocompleted Address widget, we can provide you CSS code.