- brian.fettermanAsked on March 28, 2016 at 09:37 PM
I would like to hide and/or show fields based on if it's the form has been submitted prior or not.
Is there a way to do that?
User submits form, does not see a few select fields.
User edits forms and some questions come up to assist with capture why the edit was made.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on March 29, 2016 at 03:08 AM
Unfortunately, I could not find any other workaround to achieve this other than manually editing the user submission to trigger the condition before providing the edit URL to the user.
Here's how it work.
1. User submits the form
2. You as the form owner edits the user submission on the form submissions page by entering a value in a hidden field that will trigger the show condition. Guide: http://www.jotform.com/help/194-How-to-Add-a-Submissions-Status
3. Then provide the edit URL to the user.
Original Form: https://form.jotform.com/60881232247959
Edited URL: https://www.jotform.com/edit/335044192822957021
If you need further assistance, do let us know.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on March 29, 2016 at 04:09 AM
One of my colleagues found a workaround that would help you achieve this. This does not require any manual labor. Please check this thread for the guide http://www.jotform.com/answers/801667 and check the 2nd reply.
If you need further clarifications with any of the steps on the guide, make sure to let us know via this thread.