- dbenthalAsked on March 30, 2016 at 11:10 AM
I just created a new account and a form called CONTACT.
It's displaying on this site: http://davidbenthal.com/contact
However, the form does not show in my JotForm account anymore. It's still working but I cannot see it to edit it or check my submissions.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on March 30, 2016 at 12:46 PM
The form embedded to the web page you referenced belong to the account "burgoswill". You may have created under the incorrect account. There are not currently any forms associated with the account you are logged in to at the moment.
- dbenthalAnswered on March 30, 2016 at 05:11 PM
"burgoswill" is not one of my accounts. Something must have happened on your end. Can you please clone the form into dbenthal ? Otherwise my form entries will be going into someone else's account.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on March 30, 2016 at 06:37 PM
Very odd, it is highly unlikely your form was created in an account other than yours. In any case, if you would like to clone the form to your own account you can do so using the URL:
And replacing the embed code in your site with the embed code for the new form.
- gilruckerAnswered on March 30, 2016 at 06:45 PM
None of mine are showing.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on March 30, 2016 at 11:46 PM
I checked your account and I was able to view your list of forms. Can you try logging out and logging back in and see if it fixes the problem?
- dbenthalAnswered on March 31, 2016 at 12:03 AM
Somehow you have your accounts crossed. Earlier in this string you said I was "burgoswill" and now you say I'm "gilrucker" and I have no connection with either of those accounts. I am "dbenthal"
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on March 31, 2016 at 12:09 AM
We apologize for this confusion, dbenthal. There was a comment from gilrucker above claiming he has the same problem. Unfortunately I could not move his concern to a new thread so I replied here instead.