What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
My forms are (suddenly) stuck on "Please wait" after clicking SubmitAsked by haggai on March 31, 2016 at 08:34 AM
I have two forms, until recently working well, which now get stuck after clicking Submit, showing just "Please wait" forever. This happens on Chrome, to more than one person. At least in one case, it worked fine on Internet Explorer.
What can I do? (Since the forms seemed OK, I have real users trying to fill in the forms right now...)
Update: when I switch to jotform.com, this does not happen. Problem only on some of your regional servers? (Your site gives me the jotform.me URL, presumably based on location.)
Should I switch all references to go to jotform.com? Or is this something you can now fix?
Our apologies but our servers are all synchronized and the form should suppose to work on any domain/server. We recommend using the same URL of which the form builder gives you and to fix the problem, please try re-saving the form in the form builder. Close it after then clear your forms cache:
I would also recommend changing the time for the Autofill/autosave option. 10 seconds is too short for your current form. Make it 15 or 20.
Selecting the minimum would cause the form to freeze.
So... I'm not sure what you're trying to tell me about my specific problem:
1. "...supposed to work on any domain/server..." I would have thought so, too. But it doesn't. It clearly works on jotform.com and not on jotform.me, and the problem started sometime today.
2. I believe I have saved and cleared cache, but will try again. Do please note that it works perfectly on jotform.com, and still not on .me.
3. OK, I will gladly make the autosave less frequent. But how is this related to SUBMIT not working? Until today I have not had problems with this.
So, as I said, I don't really understand if you're telling me that theoretically my problem should not be happening plus some unrelated comments, or offering some solution?
Hmm... I can't change the autosave frequency, because the form preferences interface has changed (it's now a white overlay on the right half of the window, instead of a lightbox like it used to be), and there is just the option to turn it on or off.
So, first, how do I change that frequency? Obviously not like the help article you sent, which refers to the previous interface.
Second, have you just changed the preferences interface? (Otherwise, what just happened?) And if so, perhaps whatever other upgrade process you are going through is related to the current problem?
And also: I resaved, closed, cleared my cache, and tried again, as you suggested. jotform.me still hangs on "SUBMIT", and jotform.com works. One of my users confirms the same behaviour.
For now I am (re)directing users to the domain which works, but if you indeed recommend against, I will need some sort of solution from you...
1. One more thing before I forget it, it could be a replication delay to our end. I can submit a report about this problem, but please do the following so we can determine if there's an error that is causing it:
a. While getting stuck after clicking the submit button, press "F12" in your keyboard. This would open the developers tool.
b. Find and click the "Console" tab in the developers tool
c. Take a screenshot of the whole area and post it here. Here's our guide on how you can upload a screenshot to this support forum: https://www.jotform.com/answers/277033. To note, errors are in red color.
2. I meant to clear the forms cache once again, to push it and start a new cache.
3. As I have mentioned, the longer the form and the shorter the time in the Autofill, the form will freeze while filling it up and when submitting. The form will save the data to your browser and this process might take part of the issue.
For the Autofill frequency:
We've made some changes for the Preferences window. One of the affected features is the Autofill. It was simplified and you can just enable or disable it. I will need to confirm what's the timeframe for auto saving as well as if there are changes in the time to saved in the browser.
If you needed the old version, you can switch by simply calling this URL: https://www.jotform.com/?old.
The changes should not affect the form. I think that was just a delay after all.
Please do the above to check your browser console for the error and get back to us.