- advancemovesAsked on March 01, 2012 at 09:37 AM
can I add a fixed prefix in a text box
Our customers will enter codes into text boxes such as JRC123456. However, the JRC prefix will never change so I want to display it but not have them have to enter it.
can I have a field prefix that is displayed but not editable by the user?
Amazing product by the way!
- JotForm SupportmdikiciAnswered on March 01, 2012 at 09:51 AM
Unfortunately not. But i am adding this as feature request. Thanks for your feedback
- advancemovesAnswered on March 01, 2012 at 10:09 AM
thanks. i tried to add an html free text label but don't know how to line it up nicely in front of the user input text box. Is this something you could assist with?
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on March 01, 2012 at 06:47 PM
May we know the Form URL you are working on, so we could assist you nicely with this? If you have some time, please add more details like what label do we need to align. Thank you so much!
- advancemovesAnswered on March 05, 2012 at 11:07 AM
the html labels are in section Request Box Range and have the Label JRC. Basically I will need to add an identical HTML label to every instance of the BOX ID text boxes o this form.
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on March 05, 2012 at 11:49 AM
You can align those two labels vertically center on your input box. Please inject this css code to your form:
margin-top: 16px !important;
Guide on how to inject custom css codes to your form: http://www.jotform.com/help/117-How-to-Inject-Custom-CSS-Codes
Of course you can also add your own css codes. Is this something you want to achieve?
Please let us know if there's something I need to change or need any further assistance. Thank you so much!
- advancemovesAnswered on March 06, 2012 at 07:58 AM
yes, this is something I need. However, I am not that familiar with CSS code. I would like to have these same html labels closer to the left hand side of the text box if possible, so the entered values look like they are part of the same string. I need to add more of these HTML labels, if I add them all would you be so kind as to sort out the css code for me?
- fxrAnswered on March 06, 2012 at 08:27 AM
If you need new CSS code for any new forms; just open a new thread for each one, providing the URL/ID of the form with a brief explanation of what you want customized and someone in the support team will provide you with the necessary CSS.
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on March 06, 2012 at 08:32 AM
I will be more than happy to help you here. Please finalize your form with those labels and let me know if your all done so I could start working those CSS codes for you.
- advancemovesAnswered on March 06, 2012 at 09:06 AM
thanks, will let you know when they are all added