- rrdAsked on October 24, 2010 at 09:35 PM
Please add the ability to change the default texts (i.e. "This field is required.") using the editor. I want to write my own text using a different language.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on October 25, 2010 at 05:40 AM
You will need to use the downloaded source code to be able to change those.
1. Open "Setup & Share" tab on toolbar,
2. Click on "Share Form"
3. Click on "Advanced Options"
4. Click on "Download Zip".
Then unzip the file and open js/jotform.js in a text editor. If you scroll little bit, you will see these lines:
pleaseWait: 'Please wait...',
confirmClearForm: 'Are you sure you want to clear the form',
lessThan: 'Your score should be less than',
incompleteFields: 'There are incomplete required fields. Please complete them.',
required: 'This field is required.',
email: 'Enter a valid e-mail address',
alphabetic: 'This field can only contain letters',
numeric: 'This field can only contain numeric values',
alphanumeric: 'This field can only contain letters and numbers.',
uploadExtensions: 'You can only upload following files:',
uploadFilesize: 'File size cannot be bigger than:'
Change it from there and then upload all files to your web site.
- rrdAnswered on October 25, 2010 at 05:45 AM
I am aware that this option is available, but I would like to see it implemented within the editor itself, so i wont need to download the code.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on October 25, 2010 at 06:55 AM
Thanks for your feedback. Added this to our feature requests list.
- tecladigitalAnswered on November 06, 2010 at 05:09 AM
Yes! That function would be very useful.
- swoosh983Answered on December 02, 2010 at 07:26 AM
I am using JotForm with Xara Web design and after creating a website, I have to export it so that I can upload it to my server. Now I want to know where do I have to upload the changed files (with translations) of the JotForm?
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on December 02, 2010 at 07:50 AM
You cannot upload a changed form back to JotForm. You can only get form code from JotForm. It is not possible to upload a changed code back to JotForm.
- swoosh983Answered on December 02, 2010 at 04:35 PM
Maybe my question was misunderstood. I downloaded the ZIP file from JotForm, translated the text and now I don't know how to upload these files so that they would work with JotForm on my website. The website is created with Xara Web designer and all the files are written in HTML. One of the pages has a contact us form from JotForm and I inserted it into the page with copy/paste of the source code. Now how to make the changed JS files work with my website?
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on December 03, 2010 at 05:47 AM
You will replace the form code on your site with them.
1. Upload all files to your site
2. Delete the JotForm code you have on the site and instead add the HTML code probided on the form HTML file.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on July 23, 2011 at 05:46 PM
Please note that there's no longer any need to download the source code to change that message. It can now be edited via the Edit Form Warnings button on the Advanced Settings tab of the Preferences (Setup & Embed tab).
- brx250Answered on July 24, 2011 at 12:06 AM
Hi there,To further elaborate wayne's solution, I've attached illustrations below and hope this helps.
1. While in edit mode, go to Setup & Embed tab
2. Click the Preferences button
3. In the Preferences window, click Advanced Settings tab
4. Click Edit Form Warnings
5. Click on the required text to change it
Albert | JotFrom Support