What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
How Can I Make a Table Using The Free Text Tool?Asked by GeekTips on March 03, 2012 at 12:11 AM
Can I have a data dictionary for the fields/answers on my survey please. e.g. a table showing each question and then coloumns with each type of answer and validation rules etc
By "data dictionary" I think you mean a reference table. Do the following:
1. Go to http://tablegen.nfshost.com/
3. Check the "First Row Contains Headers" box
4. In the first row of the newly created table, type Field in the first cell and What To Enter in the second cell
5. List the fields in the first column and their respective instructions in the second column
6. Click "Generate HTML for Table":
8. Load the form into the form builder and click Power Tools > Free Text (HTML)
9. Click HTML in the form builder toolbar, select "Click to edit this text..." and paste the table that was copied to the clipboard. (In the first line of the code, change border=1 to border="1")
10. If the table is not in the correct position, click and drag it up or down until it is. (Alternatively, click the field's Properties icon and then either "Move Up" or "Move Down" as the case may be.)
That's pretty much it. Below is an example of such a form:
(Click image to see live form)
Of course, the table can be styled to your preference. If you need help with this or any other aspect of the form, do let us know.
I have moved your concern on a separate thread so we can better assist you. You can check the thread here: https://www.jotform.com/answers/1028087. We will attend to your concern on that thread accordingly.