- raminal69Asked on April 10, 2016 at 12:54 PM
i 'd like to use autocomplete dropdown fileld for storing German Postcodes. Just found that only half of pasted rows can be saved in field - about 4000 rows. Are there any limitations in number of rows ?
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on April 10, 2016 at 01:39 PM
I see that all the items you entered were accepted:
And they are shown if the word entered matches:
Perhaps, you may want to expand the matches shown? If yes, simply click on the "Edit Properties", and then increase the amount in the "Max Matches" option:
Let us know if you need more help.
- raminal69Answered on April 10, 2016 at 01:51 PM
No, not all the codes were entered. There are more about 3000 Rows wer erejected
- raminal69Answered on April 10, 2016 at 01:57 PM
Surely I could divide the whole Postcode lists into 2 separate autocomplete filelds , but it is not acceptable for customer. I kindly ask you to check the problem. Thx in advance
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on April 10, 2016 at 02:04 PM
So far, you have entered 3892 items.
What is the total you want to enter? I have escalated this to our second level to see if there is a limit on the number of items that can be entered. You will be updated via this thread.
- raminal69Answered on April 10, 2016 at 02:45 PM
About 9000 rows needed for German Postcodes. Thank you in advance.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on April 10, 2016 at 03:28 PM
I also suggest reviewing this discussion thread about a similar topic.
As mentioned on that thread, in MySQL a text column can hold up to 65,535 bytes only. So this byte limit could be causing the limitation as well when data exceeds the bytes limit allowed.
Just to clarify, it s not measured on the number of items the Autocomplete widget can hold. The limit instead lies on the size of data measured in bytes.
Example, it can be just 10 items, but if the size of character exceeds 65K then it will still not suffice.
Hope this help. Let us know if you need further clarity on this.
- raminal69Answered on April 11, 2016 at 12:38 PM
Ok, I see. Thx