What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Broken column in Google Spreadsheet IntegrationAsked by japanfukuoka on April 13, 2016 at 08:03 AM
I recently opened up a Google Spreadsheet that is integrated to a JotForm form (Name Tags) for the first time in a month or more. I noticed that the layout was different than previously, making it hard to work with (form submissions 1-5 are laid out horizontally in separate columns). I looked into the revision history and went back to the revision that had the desired layout (form submissions 1-5 are viewable in the same column). Other than the fact that I don't know how the layout changed suddenly, so far so good. I can still work with this.
However, when I tested an order to confirm functionality, it failed to update a single column in the spreadsheet, the one that submits the last name of the person who ordered an item. All other information is updated in the spreadsheet normally.
How can I get the form to start submitting that information to the spreadsheet again?
If you have change the column name in the spreadsheet or modify the form column this will cause missing data in the spreadsheet. For example if you change 'First Name' to 'FirstName' or change the field it will break the column.
To fix this you need to change the form back the way is was when you made the Integration. You can also remove and add the Integration back again.
Do let us know if you need more assistance.
Thank you for the advice, Huberson! I was able to fix it easily by changing the column heading to match the input field in the form.
Thank you for updating us on the status. We're glad to know all is good now.
Feel free to contact us again anytime should you need our assistance.