- mjwellsAsked on March 06, 2012 at 07:18 AM
I want to create a form and have it open for a set amount of time, before it closes and is unavailble. Is this possible?
- TISCALIAnswered on March 06, 2012 at 07:20 AM
Nope directly from JotForm but you can create a PHP page that close website on a specified date.
- JotForm SupportGoldoAnswered on March 06, 2012 at 07:26 AM
Unfortunately it's not possible. However, you can disable the form manually when the time comes so you will need to log into your account and disable the form.
To disable a form, open it on the form builder, click on "Setup & Share" toolbar tab and then click on "Preferences" button on the toolbar. Then change "Status" to "Disabled".
- mjwellsAnswered on March 06, 2012 at 07:27 AM
Thanks for the quick response. Is this a feature you are likely to add in future?
- JotForm SupportmlizAnswered on March 06, 2012 at 07:28 AM
We already had this feature implemented last year however it caused unforseen problems on form functionalities which is why we had to disable it. We hope to bring it back once everything is sorted out. For the meantime what you can do is to manually disable the form once the closing date has arrived.
This can also be done in 'My Forms' >right click on the Form> then select 'Disable Form'.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on March 06, 2012 at 07:56 AM
If or when we bring back the feature, this user guide will be updated.
- J2OAnswered on July 30, 2012 at 09:35 AM
I really need this feature! Any idea when it will be back?
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on July 30, 2012 at 10:11 AM
I'm afraid we don't know but for the time being there's a workround where conditions can be set to hide all of a forms fields after a specified date and simultaneously show a message indicating that the form is closed. Here is such a form. Its conditions are configured as follows:
Also see this thread.
If you need assistance with implementing this solution, we'd be happy to help.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on September 09, 2012 at 08:28 PM
@mjwells, TISCALI and J2O
You'll be happy to know that this feature has recently been re-implemented in the form builder. For details, please see How to Limit Submissions in a Form.
Thanks for your understanding and patience.