- SamAsked on April 25, 2016 at 10:14 PM
I have an event i'm organizing and would like to ask, as the first question, how many participants are they signing up for (be it family members, group or friends). I would then like the same number of fields for name, age, etc (a group of mandatory questions) to appear based on the number indicated in the first question.
- CharlieAnswered on April 26, 2016 at 03:22 AM
That should be possible by setting up preset fields and displaying them based on the number of participants entered. You will use conditional logic on this, I would also suggest using the form collapse tool to organize your group of fields.
Here's an example:
1. First, learn about conditional logic here: https://www.jotform.com/help/57-Smart-Forms-Using-Conditional-Logic
2. Then, we will use the form collapse tool to group the necessary fields. Here's a specific guide for that: https://www.jotform.com/help/297-Show-or-Hide-multiple-fields-at-once-using-form-collapse-tool
3. Here's an example form: https://form.jotform.com/61162073800950.
First, I set up form collapse fields for each guest:
4. I then setup conditions based on the number of participants to when these sections will be displayed:
IF "Number of participants is equal to "2" THEN
SHOW "Guest 1 Section" AND "Guest 2 Section".
IF "Number of participants is equal to "1" THEN
SHOW "Guest 1 Section" AND HIDE "Guest 2 Section".
Repeat the same logic depending on the maximum number of participants you have.
Another possible solution that you can try is using our widgets related to multiple entries. Please note that not all widgets can be tied on a conditional logic. Here's a widget that might be useful for you: https://widgets.jotform.com/widget/configurable_list
The configurable list widget is the most advance widget that we have for multiple entries, it allows your users to add multiple rows with different set of fields. You can learn more about it on this guide: http://www.jotform.com/help/282-How-to-Set-Up-the-Configurable-List-Widget
I hope that helps.