- brianchampnessAsked on March 08, 2012 at 02:40 AM
I was wondering if there was any way I could upload a form (such as a pdf or word doc) onto a form that the people filling out the jotform could download this form, sign it and then mail to me?
I am thinking of consent forms where I need a signature.
Can this be done and if so how?
- jcm0731Answered on March 08, 2012 at 03:43 AM
JotForm have several ways of Uploading document files, and it sure can do that.
But JotForm can also do a lot better than that. With JotForm, you can use the Forms itself as your document (output as pdf) . Your target users can easily fill up your electronic form -- JotForm forms, then download it as pdf format or print it directly.
We are glad to be of help. Check this forum if you need further assistance on JotForm.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on March 08, 2012 at 08:00 AM
You would have to upload the file on your own hosting account then link it on your form using the Free Text tool.
If you don't have your own hosting account, you may use a free file hosting service such as http://www.sendspace.com/.
When you're done uploading the file, follow the instructions below:
1. Insert a free text field in your form. The free text tool is found under the Power Tools section:
2. Click on the Edit HTML button to the right of the free text field you have just added.
3. In the free text editor, enter your link's text
4. Select the text then click the link button found at the bottom right side of the editor
5. In the insert/edit link window that appears, type in your link's URL, set the target window then click Insert.
6. Click Complete in the free text editor then save your form