- zugfrig78Asked on March 08, 2012 at 07:40 AMHi mate, your back, I was worried.... Sorry to stalk you but the Aussie footy season is upon us and I need a last minute change (due to a rule change)Ok no new form yet as such but a full working version at with live upload player names can be seen at http://thepremiershipclub.weebly.com/coburg.html if site asks for password the temp one is: tpc12With my jotform account I had one control version saved (which you made) and ten copies I made one for each team, so if your going to play, best to do it in the control version called team selection.Ok the rule change.... At present there are 45 players in the top half which you made (at my request) 18 a mandatory number selection need from user and the form counts them off till 0 are needed. This in turn greys out the corresponding name in the bottom half to avoid doubling up The bottom section required six names and the form by way of hidden fields would show me the order in which the bottom half six were chosen..... Hoping this all jogs your memory.So in that state all is working great but now the break up of players needing to be selected has changed and this now needs four sectionsIn the top half a list of 43 names of which 17 are mandatory A second section in the top half containing 3 names of which one is mandatoryAs before this is mirrored in the bottom half but now still six need to be selected from the 43 names in the top of the bottom half and one name from the bottom of the bottom halfStill anyone picked in the top half should not be able to be selected twiceIf you look in my jotform account under the form called moonee ponds team selection, you will see a layout of what it should end up looking like but note this form should be looked at for layout style example only as I may have changed something in the rest of it....like I said you should make changes in your control version within my account.The only other thing layout wise I was unable to achieve was a nice gap or distinctive line or separater between top and bottom section as well as between bottom section and final questions
- fxrAnswered on March 08, 2012 at 08:38 AM
There is 45 names on this list.
Please edit the form and get it to the exact specifications you have described above (i.e 43 names)
- zugfrig78Answered on March 08, 2012 at 06:08 PM
OK this is what i have done.... under my Jotform account i have removed all the team forms and left only two. the first is the control version which is 100% working... i would suggest we leave that untouched just in case. the second is called the trail version which we can massage until it works at which time i will duplicate it 10 times for the teams...
so that trail version i have now updated with my own players names for my team this year. the exact count is
section 1a has 42 names of which 17 need to be chosen
section 1b has 3 names of which 1 one needs to be chosen
section 2a has the same 42 names as section 1a and 6 need to be chosen (as per last time i need to see the order in which they are chosen and any player already chosen in1a should not be eligable to be selected again)
section 2b has the same 3 names as 1b and 1 needs to be chosen (any player already chosen in1a should not be eligable to be selected again)
i also have with me (which i assume might change) a work document where i have higlighted in red waht i need to delete from the source code and in green what i need to add to the source code to make all the java work as per your original instuctions last time.... once we get back to that point i can send that to you to refresh your memory as to how you got it working...
the only outstanding layout element whichi couldnt work out was to increase the gap between the top and botton section or putting aline to seperate them so the look like two seperate parts... there should also be a similar buffer between section 2 and the final questions at the bottom but those cahnges are purely cosmetic.
- fxrAnswered on March 08, 2012 at 06:21 PM
Can you not clone this form & create a 'base' form for this new configuration? i.e with 42 names.. I dont see a form set up that way yet.
It just makes it a lot easier for me to help you.
- zugfrig78Answered on March 08, 2012 at 06:38 PM
Form called “testing version” in my jotform account is set up in that format?
- zugfrig78Answered on March 08, 2012 at 06:39 PM
that new format i mean
- fxrAnswered on March 08, 2012 at 06:45 PM
OK, lets get the layout issues sorted out first.
Anything else that needs altered?
I really hope you realise just how much of a favour JotForm and I are doing for you working this through for you. This type of bespoke development normally costs money.
- zugfrig78Answered on March 08, 2012 at 06:52 PM
nope thats it (unless you know how to put a big black line between the top and bottom sections..
and take it from me, you have no idea how much this means to me, this "game" played between friedns has gone from hand written notes to email to online to what w have today and it looks amazing.. im guessing this would have cost a packet to get done so i cannot express how much iappreciate the time you have put in to this.... a promise once we adjust to incorporat this new rule WONT CHNAGE ANYTHING ELSE :-)
Ps what time is it over there?
- fxrAnswered on March 08, 2012 at 06:55 PM
What do you mean by 'top' and 'bottom' sections?
Its close to midnight, and I am near done for the day, but I will try and get this new code sorted for you at some point early tomorrow.
- zugfrig78Answered on March 08, 2012 at 06:59 PM
how do i add a picture? can i not pic a picture to show you from my computer?
- fxrAnswered on March 08, 2012 at 07:01 PM
email it to jotformsupport [at] gmail [dot] com
- zugfrig78Answered on March 08, 2012 at 07:02 PM
just sent it
- fxrAnswered on March 08, 2012 at 07:06 PM
This any closer? http://form.jotform.com/form/20250610335
- zugfrig78Answered on March 08, 2012 at 07:07 PM
yep thats it maybe a little thinner but yep now they look like seperate sections
- zugfrig78Answered on March 08, 2012 at 07:09 PM
also just emailed my notes on how to change the source code as per your instructions last time for your reference
- fxrAnswered on March 08, 2012 at 07:15 PM
OK, I will try to pull this together for you early tomorrow.
- zugfrig78Answered on March 08, 2012 at 07:36 PM
thanks mate :-)
- fxrAnswered on March 09, 2012 at 07:05 PM
I havent been able to get to this today. I will try and get it done over the weekend.
- zugfrig78Answered on March 09, 2012 at 09:36 PMNo probs mate. Thanks heaps
- zugfrig78Answered on March 13, 2012 at 08:46 PM
Just had a public hol here is Australia (Labour day) been off for a few days....
any luck with this project?
- fxrAnswered on March 13, 2012 at 08:47 PM
I have just been ridiculously busy.
What sort of deadline have we got?
- zugfrig78Answered on March 13, 2012 at 08:51 PM
the season starts in 10 days... although in reality the teams have to be in 24 hours prior to the start of the round (which makes it 9 days)
also i have to get it out there to the guys to test and more importantly make sure they understand it.
am i pushing my luck?
- fxrAnswered on March 13, 2012 at 09:01 PM
I will try and find an hour for it between now and the end of the week.
- zugfrig78Answered on March 13, 2012 at 09:02 PM
thanks mate, much appreciated :-)
- zugfrig78Answered on March 16, 2012 at 07:01 PM
Any luck with with the changes? ( i also see someone else is interested in our original topic)
- fxrAnswered on March 16, 2012 at 07:42 PM
I will try get to it, but its so far beyond JotForms remit, I cant legislate doing it on company time.
Its a favour you will have to hope I can find some personal time to do.
- zugfrig78Answered on March 16, 2012 at 07:55 PM
is there something i can do to help
- zugfrig78Answered on March 16, 2012 at 08:14 PM
just wondering, since its only 6 days until the first game could this solution be more attainable in a short time.
* Keep the original working version (still saved in my account named ******
* Instead of reworking to have four sections, keep the original 2 with 45 in each
* write a line of script (or tell what to add) to make three players names appear RED
* make it an error if two of the red names (one in the top 18, one in the bottom 6 is not chosen
- zugfrig78Answered on March 18, 2012 at 05:42 AMHi Mate,As discussed the competition starts this week and I totally respect and understand that this project is above and beyond the normal realms of help you guys give out.I posted a note above about an idea for turning players names red as a work around but having thought about it I think the first idea of four sections is the better way to go.I have thought of a way to manually get the coaches to get me their teams for week one which might buy an extra four or five days to make the changes.... Does this better my chances????I promise once this is fixed I will leave you alone :-)
- zugfrig78Answered on March 20, 2012 at 10:52 PM
jut wanted to see if you got my latest posts (its hard when our clocks are on different sides on the world)