- MattAsked on May 01, 2016 at 12:18 PMI would like to rename the PDF filen that is uploaded to Box. At one time this was available when I was using Dropbox Integration. However, after some changes on your end regarding your UX and UI, this is no longer available. There is only an option to make the folder uploaded and the filename renamed to a field. I do not need separate folders under my intended folder directory. I already have a specified folder on Box setup to catch the submissions for this form. There is no need to have refundant folders with the same filename. There should be an option to make the filename based on a field without have to create another folder of the same. Does this make sense? Am I being clear enough? If you think this needs to be moved to another forum these please do so. Otherwise, my problem is not solved and I must continue an archaic and redundent method of renaming and filtering my submissions. It's hard to believe no one else has submitted this issue. It's pretty basic. Thanks.
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on May 01, 2016 at 02:37 PM
You can change the file name and folder name in the Box integration. You can choose the pencil icon to choose what field would you like the folder and file name be.
In the form, the data input in the Name field will be the folder name and file name.
Here's the screenshot of the folder name and file name in the Box file storage.
Hope that helps. If not, let us know. Thank you.
- reachrecoveryAnswered on May 01, 2016 at 06:13 PM
Yes I understand. The problem is I do not want to create a separate folder with the person's name. This is not necessary. Given that the file name is saved with the person's name, I would like that to appear under a specified folder within Box only. Please see pics below. I only want one level of folder with filename, not two level of folders and filename.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on May 01, 2016 at 10:22 PM
Please be noted that it is possible to send all submission PDF into single folder in your box integrated folder. Please check the screenshot below:
But in that case you will not be able to rename the name of submission PDF. It will take be saved with the submission ID.
It is currently not possible to rename the submission PDF and yet send it to same box.net folder.
- reachrecoveryAnswered on May 06, 2016 at 01:40 PM
Yes, I understand how to create a custom name by changing the folder to it. But you seem to missing the point I am making. I do not want a folder named with the same name as my submission. In fact I do not want a folder at all. I have specified the first folder on Box. That is the folder where I would like my custom name file to appear. But as you can see it appears as random numbers. If I choose the Name field in the second section instead of No Folder as your video above shows, then it creates an additional folder with that name as well as changes the file name. If I still have to delete the folder and move the file, then I mind as well skip a step and just rename the PDF in the appropriate folder. Does this make any sense. I cannot put it any clearly. Obviously, if you cannot understand what I am saying then there is no what to solve this problem. Thanks.
- HubersonAnswered on May 06, 2016 at 02:52 PM
If I understand clearly, what you need is to have all submissions going to the folder already created, and be able to customize the submissions' name without creating another folder, right.
Unfortunately, unless you choose 'No folder' the integration will automatically create a sub-folder for each submission. What You could do is let the integration create the parent folder, and choose the sub-folder name to be a field on your form. This will give you a better structure with each submission named according to the chosen field.
Of course, you will have to move each file outside their folder if you need them directly in the parent folder but, you can better identify each submission. Note that the PDF submission's name is the same as the folder's name.
- reachrecoveryAnswered on May 06, 2016 at 05:33 PM
I understand, but the issue with that is we have specific folders for specific forms instead of having a persons name in the Integration created folder and then the file name under that. The way the folder hierarchy is developed is not a typical way. Essentially this would create lots of folders overtime based on a specific date. We choose to have a submission listed under a specific folder based on a person's name. This keeps us from having to keep track of lots of folders.
I think there should be an option to be able to make the folder integration the way I would like instead of being forced to do it only one way. How difficult would it really be to add the option to change a file name based on a field rather than that of a folder. If you can do one, it should not be that difficult to do the other. I believe this is how changes are made to code, because consumers that have real world problems come across scenarios that are different than beta testing. This would be one of them. Thanks.
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on May 06, 2016 at 06:44 PM
I have added a feature request ticket about more flexible naming for our Box.net integration. However, we do not have any ETA at this time for when it can be implemented.
We let you know if we have any updates on this.