- nbuckleAsked on May 03, 2016 at 04:06 PM
Over the weekend it's been noticed that when my users fill out their forms, and input data into the spreadsheet widgets on the form, if they abandon the form (closing the browser window) and re-open the form using the link which includes the session id, the spreadsheet widget doesn't render anymore.
Steps to reproduce
1. Users are opening forms that included the session id that enables form portability between browsers and saved data. So there is a registration form that then redirects to the main form with the query string parameter for the session id set
2. They enter data (in my case on tab 19 or further) and click next.
3. Instead of submitting, they close the exit the form or close their browser and then using the session enabled url, they open the form in the same or a different brower.
4. They navigate back to the tab with the embedded spreadsheet widget and the widget is no longer rendering.
Here is the form in question https://form.jotform.com/61057360242144
Some Screenshots for you
AFTER IN A NEW BROWSER
When I inspect the element I see the iframe there, its not hidden .. i don't know what givesPage URL:
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on May 03, 2016 at 05:42 PM
I have checked your form and noticed the same, the widget is disappearing when you load the form with the session variable, but when you load the form using the direct link the widget loads without any problem.
I also have created a testing form and followed the same steps like in your form, but could not replicate the issue, I even cloned your forms, both forms, and followed the steps and I was unable to replicate it; however, I will escalate this issue to our second level and one of our developers will take a look and will update us as soon as he gets some news about what may be causing this.
I'm not sure if could be possible, but sometimes re-adding the widget fixes the issue that this may have, but I'm not sure if it is possible to do for you.
We should update you with news about the progress on this fix soon.
- nbuckleAnswered on May 04, 2016 at 09:39 PM
I can re-add these widgets. However, my client is becoming concerned about the stability of the forms. The company uses this form as a training tool and the spreadsheet component is a major requirement for them. I'm hoping that we can get to the bottom of the issue so that I can give them some reassurance about the level of service jotforms can provide.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on May 04, 2016 at 10:36 PM
I checked the form in question and I also noticed that the issue still persists. The spreadsheet does not appear when the form is opened using session.
We do apologize for the inconvenience. Our developer is still investigating the issue. Rest assured we will let you know on this thread once we have an update regarding your concern.
- nbuckleAnswered on May 06, 2016 at 05:37 PM
I tried deleting and re-adding the spreadsheet widget and got the same results. Just FYI
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on May 06, 2016 at 06:40 PM
This has been already reported to our second level, you will be notified via this thread when this gets fixed.
- nbuckleAnswered on May 13, 2016 at 02:03 PM
My client will be using this for a 4 week pilot program in which 100 program participants will be presented with this form. Depending on its success, this form will be permanently incorporated as part of the program. Once this issue is resolved we can move forward with the purchase of a subscription. I'm hoping to get an update on the status of this issue as soon as possible.
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on May 13, 2016 at 02:38 PM
Unfortunately, there is no update yet in this regard. I see that the issue is marked as important. Since the issue is forwarded to our backend team for investigation, let's hope that the issue will be resolved soon.
We appreciate your patience and understanding in this regard. Thank you!
- nbuckleAnswered on June 10, 2016 at 01:29 AM
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on June 10, 2016 at 02:52 AM
Apologies for the wait. So far we do not have any updates from our developers about your issue. I made a test submission and it appears that the issue still persists. I have contacted our developer to see if they have any news. Hopefully we will hear from them soon. Regards.
- nbuckleAnswered on June 11, 2016 at 03:38 PM
There's a call .length on an undefined object. Seems like an issue that's not that complex to resolve. If I inspect the spreadsheet element in the browser in chrome, I can see the data there.
It's been a month!
- KadeJMAnswered on June 11, 2016 at 04:42 PM
Thank you for the additional information about your findings of the problem.
We understand it's been a month and whether or not the problem is simple or complex it mainly depends on the workload our developers have ahead of yours.
Our devs do their best to get through each of them as quickly as possible especially if it's important as we try not to keep anyone waiting for too long though sometimes its unavoidable.
However, regardless this is the reason why we do not promise any timeframes in case it takes longer than expected for any reason.
I've made an update to our report for our developer to check and as soon as it's resolved we will most certainly let you know.
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on July 15, 2016 at 04:05 AM
Thank you for your patience.
We've updated the widget to manage session and form edit links properly.
Please give the widget a try and let us know.