- AmagArtworkAsked on May 03, 2016 at 05:46 PM
I've not received any notification emails from my any of my forms since 4/12/16. I've checked my spam folder and don't see them there either. Can you tell me anything about this?
- AmagArtworkAnswered on May 03, 2016 at 05:57 PM
Apparently I got into the bounce list. How can I prevent this from happening?
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on May 03, 2016 at 09:13 PM
There are a number of factors to why one email address lands in our bouncelist. But primarily, the cause of it is because the server of the email address to receive the email from us has blocked our emails a number of times and in order to prevent possible damage in anti-spam filters, our system has a fail-safe process to simply stop sending emails to that said email address.
As I believe that your email address has already been removed from the bounce list, I'm no longer able to see the exact reason for its cause. But as a measure in order to prevent getting the email address to be included there again, you can do the following:
1. Add email@example.com address in your webmail's address book - This is one of the easiest way how to make emails from us appear to be trusted by your mail server. If the email is in the webmail address book, it will be recognized by your mail server that the email address is trusted and will put all emails you receive in your inbox, rather than your spam folder.
Please take note also that if you're using an email client such as MS Outlook or Eudora, the address book in those softwares do not automatically add the email addresses in your webmail, so you will have to login to your email account via browser.
If in case you have missing emails you were expecting to receive and you did not receive it with using those email applications mentioned, you may also check it via web mail. Most probably the email landed in your webmail's junk mail folder.
2. You can ask your email service provider and ask the following IPs and domains to be whitelisted: https://www.jotform.com/help/145-Whitelisting-JotMails-IP-Addresses
Whitelisting will make the IPs and domains trusted by your mail server and regardless of what the email delivers, whether spam and what not (but we do not send spam, FYI), it will always land in your inbox.
3. You can set up an SMTP and use that email address as your sender to receive emails from us. You can use this user guide for instructions: https://www.jotform.com/help/244-How-to-Setup-SMTP-for-a-Form
If you have further questions, please do let us know.