- canvashutvictoriaAsked on May 10, 2016 at 04:40 AM
Hello Im wanting an order form where choosing options will have a cost associated to them and then a total at the bottom, then ideally I can link to paypal to pay..
Are we there yet with jotform ? .. I have searched and tried a few times different ways, but wondered if im missing soemthing or if something like this is planned for future,..
Thanks in advance
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on May 10, 2016 at 09:04 AM
You can do this in the payment wizard. In setting up the payments, you need to choose "Users can select multiple products" and then enable the "Show total on the form".
You can easily add multiple products with the assigned price on it.
Here's how it'll looks like in the payment field in the live version.
If you have any questions, please let us know. Thank you.
- canvashutAnswered on May 10, 2016 at 09:48 AM
Hey thanks ., will this work from drop down choices ? I have rather alot of picture frame sizes can choose from ..
Also I will need price options to pop up based on previous choices..
Ie we charge a fee to coat the picture , but that fee depends on the size they choice, is this just a matter of creating conditions..
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on May 10, 2016 at 12:13 PM
For a drop down under products, you can use the "Add Options" feature. Please follow the steps below:
1. In the Payment wizard: Products, select a product and then click the "Add New Option" button.
2. After that, select the "Add a Custom Property" option and then press next.
3. In the next screen, please put a product option Name and then put the options in the Properties. Also, you can enable the special pricing so that you can assign a price for each option.
4. In the next screen, you can put the price of each item. When you're done, click the "Finish" button.
Here's how it'll looks like:
Please check this very helpful guide: How-to-Add-Options-to-Payment-Forms
- canvashutvictoriaAnswered on May 11, 2016 at 06:54 AM
Great ! .. will give it a go.. cheers ;)
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on May 11, 2016 at 08:34 AM
Glad to hear that. If you encounter any issue, let us know. Thank you.