- swapna_summitAsked on May 11, 2016 at 08:55 AM
I thought that his had been resolved,
Please fix this!!!!!
I have gone to edit a form and I see that not only are the hidden fields visible, they are editable, together with the read only fields!!!!!!!
This is urgent!
- CharlieAnswered on May 11, 2016 at 10:29 AM
Apologies for the inconvenience.
I have tested the hidden field and the read-only option, and was able to replicate the problem when the submission is viewed using the edit link.
Let me forward this to our developers for further checking. Apologies.
- swapna_summitAnswered on May 12, 2016 at 10:12 AM
Whats the update status on this issue?
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on May 12, 2016 at 11:13 AM
This is not a bug. You are probably viewing the edit URL as the form owner, that's the reason why the ready only field is editable and the hidden field is visible. You are considered as the "admin" so you have full access to the fields. However, when you view the edit URL as guest/customer or another user, the hidden field stays hidden and the read-only field cannot be edited as expected.
I suggest to try opening your edit URL in incognito/private mode if you want to check how it'd appear on your users.
Hope this information helps!
- swapna_summitAnswered on May 13, 2016 at 02:17 AM
THanks for the update,
how is this determined? is it by my IP address or my email address as I submitted the form and on clicking edit submission from the email notifier, I see this :)
How do I open the link in private mode?
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on May 13, 2016 at 03:38 AM
It is not checked with your IP nor email address. It is checked through browser cookies/session if you are currently logged into your JotForm account.
If you are using Chrome browser, simply press Ctrl + Shift + N keys, it should open a new browser in incognito mode. Or you can actually go to browser options, then New Incognito Window.
Here are the guides on how to go private browsing for all browsers: http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001378.htm
- swapna_summitAnswered on May 13, 2016 at 03:56 AM
Perfect, checked and agreed all if fine,
Thanks a million and I was not initially made aware that admin would see this, apologies for that!
Thanks for all the help!
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on May 13, 2016 at 04:07 AM
You're welcome. Cheers! :)
- swapna_summitAnswered on May 13, 2016 at 04:34 AM
I have just had my colleague test , i assume its coz they have looged into my account before that this is happening?
- swapna_summitAnswered on May 13, 2016 at 04:43 AM
We tested this on another machine and it all seemed fine, no worries :)