- ronjaffeAsked on May 11, 2016 at 04:15 PM
Looking to provide residents with a simple way to estimate what a proposed tax increase would be. This page functions well, but would be better if the numbers showed as dollars (with $ and commas).
Can this be achieved?
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on May 11, 2016 at 05:11 PM
Please try following:
1. Open wizard of your calculation widget:
2. And just put the dollar sign before the actual calculation:
3. You will get something like this:
Can you please try and let us know if this solution is good enough.
We'll wait for your response.
- ronjaffeAnswered on May 11, 2016 at 05:44 PMExcellent. Thank you for the incredibly rapid response Very much
appreciated. Dollar signs now appear.
Any way to have commas display?
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on May 11, 2016 at 06:14 PM
Please try to add decimal places through calculation widget wizard:
Click Show Advanced Options and turn on this options:
It will show the number in this format:
Let me know how that worked for you!
- ronjaffeAnswered on May 12, 2016 at 07:44 AMWhat Im looking for is for commas to appear so $250,000 would include the
comma instead of being displayed as $250000.
Is this doable?
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on May 12, 2016 at 09:43 AM
I'm assuming that you are referring to 'Value of your house' field?
Since that field is Calculation field and your users are inputting their values there, maybe you could use Masked input widget as that field(since there is no actual calculation there) and format as you wish.
Then you can use that field in your actual calculations:
Please let us know if that could work for you.