- mreadeAsked on May 12, 2016 at 07:46 AMMy specific query relates to a problem with the search facility in Submissions for this form:
For instance, if I type in the first and family names of applicants such as "Sally Day" or "Joanna Williams" or just "Williams" or just "Joanna" I receive a message saying: "No results to display. Check your search query or time frame options" even though these people have submitted applications.
Please could you help? I don't have this problem with this form for e.g.:
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on May 12, 2016 at 08:25 AM
I cannot replicate this problem within your form. Here's a screenshot when I searched for Joanna:
Can you check again?
- mreadeAnswered on May 12, 2016 at 09:44 AMIf I put Joanna in I get this record (screenshot below). Although a Joanna Zakrzewska was also a co-applicant in this particular submission so I can see why the search has produced this record.
If I put in her full name “Joanna Williams” (which I would do in practice) I get “no results to display”
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on May 12, 2016 at 11:18 AM
That is because both aren't on the same field. You have the first and last name as separate fields. Unfortunately, the search box in the form submissions page is not yet program to search by a group of terms, no filter. The page will try to look up the columns and show you the result if there's anything that matches the keyword.
I would suggest searching for their email address instead. That should show you the correct submission.
- mreadeAnswered on May 12, 2016 at 11:44 AMThanks – I will use email addresses to locate exact records but I would have the ability to search for groups of terms. This will make things much easier for us. Can this be put forwarded for development?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on May 12, 2016 at 12:47 PM
Sure. I have now forwarded this thread to our developers as a feature request. If there are updates, you should know it through this thread.