- cardstoryAsked on March 13, 2012 at 06:34 AM
I want to insert a matrix with 4 columns. But I need drop downs only in two of them. Two other columns should be text boxes. Is it possible to change CSS so that this would work?
- jcm0731Answered on March 13, 2012 at 06:44 AM
cardstory, can you please provide us the link to that form you used?
Let us check if it is possible to achieve the customization you need.
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on March 13, 2012 at 06:54 AM
Unfortunately, it is not possible to have different types of input fields in a matrix tool. CSS can only define the styling for an element, not change its type.
Hope this clears your question. Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. Thanks.
- cardstoryAnswered on March 13, 2012 at 06:58 AM
And what if after the form is ready and I downlolad the html code, I will change <select> for <input> (name will remain the same) for some columns. Will this collect the data correctly?
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on March 13, 2012 at 07:24 AM
I think that would help, good idea. I just tried it my self and it seems to work fine. Please try it and let us know if you're having any difficulties. Thanks.
- jcm0731Answered on March 13, 2012 at 07:26 AM
Yes, it should be possible, I tried it before within the Free Text (HTML) tool.
I modified the source code before I pasted it there. And input field changes functionality.
- cardstoryAnswered on March 17, 2012 at 04:37 PM
Hello! I just want to say that the method works. I completed the whole form, then made the necessary changes to the html code. The data is collected correctly.
And now my super-truper form ia ready! :) Thank you guys for JotForm! And for your help! It's very pleasant to work with you.
- pinoytechAnswered on March 17, 2012 at 04:40 PM
We're glad to hear that. Cheers!!!
If you need further assistance, feel free to contact us anytime.
Thank you for using JotForm!