- sd_portugalAsked on May 16, 2016 at 12:01 PM
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on May 16, 2016 at 01:33 PM
You can use the Combine Submissions app. In this app, you can merge submissions from different forms into a CSV file. Unfortunately, the output is a CSV file and not an Excel file. You can just look for a converter online if you wanted to.
Hope that helps. Thank you.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on May 16, 2016 at 02:52 PM
Your most recent post looks like it may not have gone through completely. In any case, I responded to your other thread regarding the same issue here:
If you are still having trouble with the app after trying different browsers, let us know and we will be happy to have another look. The app should indeed be working properly.
- sd_portugalAnswered on May 17, 2016 at 05:10 AM
I´ve tried using the app in FireFox or Chrome and even tried in mobile phone.
The problem is always the same. I click on the "Generate CVS file" button, changes to "Generating..." and then nothing happens. It stays always in "Generating..." page.
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on May 17, 2016 at 09:35 AM
We currently don't have any reported issues about this app. I was able to combine form submissions on my end. Are you trying to combine the submissions of the 2 forms in your account?
Since you have tried Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, can you please try disabling or turning on the add-ons or extensions.
I will clear your form cache so that your forms will be refreshed from our servers.
If it is still the same, please provide a screenshot of the Google Chrome's Console to see if there are any errors while you are trying to generate or combine the submission. Just right click any space in the browser and select "Inspect Element". After that, go to the "Console" tab. You can also press "Ctrl + Shift + J".
- sd_portugalAnswered on May 18, 2016 at 04:21 AM
Yes i'm trying to combine the submissions of my two forms.
I've cleared my cache, disable my add-ons and extensions and the error is the same...
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on May 18, 2016 at 12:54 PM
Thank you for the screenshot of the console. I cloned your forms and did a test submissions. After that, I tried combining the submissions on my end and it worked. In the screenshot below, it shows 38 fields.
May I know if you are selecting all fields from the 2 forms?
- sd_portugalAnswered on May 18, 2016 at 01:15 PM
Thank you so much for your help.
Yes I'm selecting all fields from the two forms. I think the problem may be in my computer.
Is it possible to redirect the data base of the two forms into one??
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on May 18, 2016 at 02:48 PM
I am able to reproduce this issue from your account. When I attempt to use the combine submissions app, I am unable to complete the process. I will look in to this a bit more and update you when I have found a solution.
Since the second form only has one submission, you can manually add the submission to your original form by filling it out. Then simply continue using the original form to collect submissions.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on May 18, 2016 at 03:03 PM
I am unsure why the combine submissions app will not work from your account, even though it is authorized. It will not generate the CSV file and there are no out of ordinary errors in the console.
I will forward this to our developers to have a look.
- sd_portugalAnswered on May 19, 2016 at 04:29 AM
Thank you David!
But is it possible to redirect the data base of the two forms into one??
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on May 19, 2016 at 11:37 AM
It is possible send submissions in to a MySQL database using PHP. However, this requires skills in PHP programming and MySQL. You can hire a developer if you like. Here's a guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/126-How-to-send-Submissions-to-Your-MySQL-Database-Using-PHP
I would recommend you waiting for the response of our developer regarding this ticket. It is already assigned to them and it is under the "Important" priority.
Thank you for your patience.
- sd_portugalAnswered on May 19, 2016 at 12:21 PM
I don't want to build a SQL solution, i want to keep submitted data inside Jotform platform.
Table Here: https://eu.jotform.com/submissions/53552898871371.
I got one form built in two different languages and i need to feed one single submission table. (link above)
Is this possible ?
http://www.securitasdirect.pt/data/inquerito_satisfacao/index_eng.html - English version form
http://www.securitasdirect.pt/data/inquerito_satisfacao/index.html - Portuguese version form
- CharlieAnswered on May 19, 2016 at 01:21 PM
If you want to merge the data on two forms, that is possible using the Combine Submissions App, however, it doesn't work in your end but my colleagues have already reported it to our developers.
If you want, it is possible to merge the data directly on your JotForm account. But you'll need to choose to which form you want to merge them.
1. You want to merge the current submission data of http://www.securitasdirect.pt/data/inquerito_satisfacao/index.html and http://www.securitasdirect.pt/data/inquerito_satisfacao/index_eng.html into one submission list.
2. That is possible by following this guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/308-Import-App-Easily-import-your-Excel-or-CSV-data-into-JotForm. You'll need to download the submissions on your two forms, then import them on the chosen form you want. Let's say you can have one main form where the submission data of the two are merged.
I hope that helps.