- Melanie_WhiteAsked on May 19, 2016 at 12:59 AM
Hello, I'm new to building forms, and am seeking help to find a widget to collect information using both check boxes and free text. We're writing a book, and seeking co-authors for the various chapters. I would like people to be able to sign up for a chapter (check box), or nominate an author and provide the details of their nominee. I’ve provided a sketch of what I’m looking for below. Could you please let me know if a widget for this already exists? Thank you!
- CharlieAnswered on May 19, 2016 at 03:12 AM
If you need to conditionally show/hide those fields you highlighted for the contribution, then I believe you'll need to use simple text boxes, matrix fields or widget. You can then set conditional logic on them to when they will be displayed. Here's a guide about the conditional logic feature we have: https://www.jotform.com/help/57-Smart-Forms-Using-Conditional-Logic
Would you like to have it on the same format and layout like in your screenshot? If so, I believe that would be the challenge or issue there.
If the format is not that strict or can be different, then here's a sample form using conditional logic: https://form.jotform.com/61391108047956.
1. Here's a screenshot showing that I have added a simple check box and used Multiple Text Fields widget for the nominee's details. You can use other fields for the nominee details, I just chose that specific widget because it allows me to have more than one text box in one field.
2. Now this is how I setup my conditional logic. Basically, when the check box option is equal to "I would like to suggest a contributor", then display the widget just below it.
3. If you wish to position the fields to have a more better format or layout, then you can check this guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/328-How-to-Position-Fields-in-JotForm
I hope that gives you an idea on how to proceed. Let us know if you need more help on this.