- GeorgeAsked on March 13, 2012 at 06:53 PM
A charity I do work for is considering using your service to accept video submission for a film contest. We'd like to allow people to upload their movie files using your form and then we will download them. I have a couple questions on how this works...
1) When someone uploads a video file, where does the file sit (on what server)?
2) If the file sits on your server, can I download it and remove it so I can free up space on my jotform plan?
3) Are there restrictions as to what type of files can be uploaded?
4) Are there limits to the upload size of a file?
Thanks so much for your help!
- fxrAnswered on March 13, 2012 at 07:26 PM
1) on JotForms server. You also have an option to configure a Dropbox account to accept the uploads (dropbox allows uploads of only 300mb)
3) No, a form builder can allow uploads of any file type.
4) 1gb is the max side. But you have to bear in mind the upload space allocated to each account type. e.g 'Free' accounts 100MB, 'Premium' accounts 10GB.
Hope that helps, let us know if you need any clarification on that or have any other questions.
- anartworkAnswered on March 13, 2012 at 10:39 PM
In addition to fxr, please see this help guide on how to integrate your form with dropbox:
- KishAnswered on February 12, 2015 at 02:29 AM
Hi I'm very new to this. So i wanted to add a file upload form for my teachers for the school website. I do get the notification after a file is uploaded...where are these uploaded files on the website? As in, where can the teachers view their uploads immediately after uploading?
Is there a way to add "submit another" link to the Thank you page which would reload the upload form?
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on February 12, 2015 at 08:15 AM
We will assist you on this thread http://www.jotform.com/answers/514681