JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Creating quiz and calculate the number of answers per alternativeAsked by tutuprat on May 23, 2016 at 12:13 AM
Hi guys, I've just created a quiz that has 15 multiple choice questions. Each question has 4 answers to chose from where just one can be selected.
I need the results to count how many times they chose answers 1, 2 , 3 or 4. Does it make sense?
As it is a personality test, there are not correct or incorrect answers, so the quiz form app doesn't really works for what I'm trying to do.
Please see the attachment, that will help to explain how I need the results to be shown.
I hope you can help me with this
creating JotForm app multiple choice selected
Yes, it is possible to set this up, though it will require that you have an additional form field for each of the 4 options on each of the 15 questions. We will pass a value of 1 (point) to one of the 4 fields, based on which of the 4 options are selected. Then, we can calculate the total.
1. So the first step is to add 4 fields to your form for each of the questions. We can use the Number field:
2. It would be best to set the default value of these fields to zero, and to also hide them from your users by using the gear-shaped icon and clicking on Hide Field:
3. Third step is to create a condition, which will enter "1" into the first of the 4 Number fields if the first option was selected on that question. We will make such conditions for all 4 options / 4 Number fields:
So you'll end up with conditions such as this:
4. You will have to do the above 3 steps for each question on your form.
5. After all the fields and conditions are created, we can use the form calculation tool to calculate the total. We will need to use 4 form calculations in order to calculate the value for each of the 4 groups:
Please let us know if you need any assistance along the way while setting it up, and we'll be happy to help.
Thank you very much!!
I’ll give it a go and see if i can manage to do it!
I will get back to you if not :)
M 0415 262 883 // P 02 9280 3162
* Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail
The information in this email is confidential and may be privileged or subject to copyright. It is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s). If you are not an addressee, please do not copy, distribute or otherwise act on the email. If you have received the email in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the email. The unauthorized use of this email may result in liability for breach of confidentiality, privilege or copyright.