- ITFtangsoodoAsked on May 23, 2016 at 04:24 PM
Is there a way to hide empty fields in the email someone receives after they submit the form?
For example, if someone were to fill out the registration form for only 1 participant, the email receipt includes empty fields for participants they have not filled out. I only want to show what someone has filled out.Page URL:
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on May 23, 2016 at 06:47 PM
We have a hide empty fields on emails option in our old user interface, but it is not added yet to our new user interface.
I have now enabled mentioned option on your form. If you need any further assistance, please let us know.
- ITFtangsoodoAnswered on May 24, 2016 at 03:02 PM
Thank you! I see that the empty fields now do not show up on my Notification 1 email. Is there a way to hide the empty fields on the Autoresponder 1 email as well?
- BenAnswered on May 24, 2016 at 03:55 PM
Since my colleague already activated the option for you, it means that you have edited the autoresponder. What you should do is to create a new one in its place - and not modify its content.
As soon as you edit the email template it will no longer be possible to hide the empty fields (they are hidden on new email templates only).
You can see here how to add the autoresponder template: Creating a Form Autoresponder
- BenAnswered on May 24, 2016 at 05:04 PM
Your question is not shown on our thread, but I managed to find it, so I am including it here for reference:
Thank you for your reply. However, after deleting the edited autoresponder email and creating a new autoresponder that has not been edited, the empty fields are still showing up on the autoresponder email after I submit the form. Is there something else I should do?
I have added the new autoresponder for you. Please do check it out and let us know how it goes.
- Of course, do note that changing its text / body will result in it not hiding the empty fields, but you should be able to change the header details (from, reply-to, etc).
- ITFtangsoodoAnswered on May 24, 2016 at 05:31 PM
Thank you!! The autoresponder you added works and hides the empty fields. If I were to delete or make our logo smaller at the top of the email, will that result in not hiding the empty fields?
- BenAnswered on May 24, 2016 at 05:47 PM
Yes, that is true. Once the email is changed, it becomes "dirty" meaning that it will no longer be updated by the system.
You could try - but as mentioned, any changes are more than likely to result in the fields not being hidden.
- JotForm DevelopercerenAnswered on June 22, 2016 at 07:19 AM
We've removed Hide Empty Fields option from UI and made it enabled by default. It's working as expected now for both modified and not modified form emails.
Thank you for contacting us.