- SimovisionAsked on May 25, 2016 at 12:54 PM
After having tried several times to create and save a second e-mail confirmation template (which worked out fine), I always end up receiving the original language version in the admin panel.
In other words, every change into a new e-mail confirmation template is being put back to its original language.
Please help me regarding this issue.
Thank you in advance.
This is a re-post of a comment on How to Change Email Template Sent Based on the Language Used?
- BenAnswered on May 25, 2016 at 02:26 PM
I took a look at your account Mikaël and I see that you have several forms. I presume that this is happening for you on this one: http://www.jotformeu.com/form/61381577734362?
Now if I understood you correctly, you have created 2 emails templates:
1. One for Netherlands
2. the other for French
At that point you should add conditions to check which language is used and send the email with the right language.
Based on what you have said, it seems that the conditions are either pointing to the same template, or something else is at play, but once we know the exact form, we would be happy to assist with the same.
- MikaëlAnswered on May 26, 2016 at 02:43 AM
This is the form I am talking about:
The same principle goes for the form URL you sent me:
I did add the conditions based on the form language that is selected:
Dutch: "Mail => Klant"
French: "Mail => Client"
The strange thing is that my French e-mail confirmation template is being reset each time after having translated every word and having saved it ... so I end up again with the Dutch confirmation template.
- JotForm UI DeveloperberilAnswered on May 26, 2016 at 04:46 AM
When I've checked your autoresponders, I see that both templates are same.
Because of that reason, they are getting the same email. Could you please change one of them. After that, we would appreciate it if you could also test it on your side and let us know the result.
- SimovisionAnswered on May 26, 2016 at 05:26 AM
That is the problem!
Although I made the translation into the French mail template, they keep getting reset ...
That's why you can't see any difference.
The only thing that sticks is the title in the French template, which is correct.
All other words (left column) are being reset into Dutch after having saved.
- JotForm UI DeveloperberilAnswered on May 26, 2016 at 07:35 AM
There was as issue about updating email template a couple of days ago. It was revert back to its original template. It seems the problem wasn't resolved yet. I've tested it on your cloned form. I am able to reproduce the same issue that you’re having. I've changed the labels on the autoresponder. I see that there is no change, it is not updating the changes.
I have forwarded this to our developers to have it checked and fixed. Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience on this matter. We will update you on this thread as soon as this has been fixed.
- SimovisionAnswered on May 26, 2016 at 07:54 AM
Thank you very much for this feedback!
- JotForm UI DeveloperberilAnswered on May 26, 2016 at 08:59 AM
You're most welcome. Feel free to contact us anytime. We will be happy to assist you.
- SimovisionAnswered on June 06, 2016 at 06:20 AM
Do you have some feedback for me regarding this issue please?
Thank you in advance.
- JotForm UI DeveloperberilAnswered on June 06, 2016 at 07:02 AM
First of all thank you for checking the status of your ticket. Unfortunately, there is no update yet. On the other hand, when I've tested your form I see that it should be fixed.
Here is how it works on my side:
Could you also test it on your side? If it doesn't work for you, please let us know. We will be happy to assist you.
- SimovisionAnswered on June 06, 2016 at 10:21 AMNow I start receiving the autoresponder (mail) partially correct:
- The left column has been perfectly translated into French
- The right column -whenever the input value was a drop down list- still results in the Dutch value*
* Of course, I translated every Dutch form value using the in form translation tool.
What can be the problem here?
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on June 06, 2016 at 12:51 PM
Since the new issue is different than the first, I will move it to a thread of its own. I will address the dropdown translation issue in the following thread shortly: