- atrevinoAsked on May 26, 2016 at 10:33 AM
Hi--I have enabled the encryption on one of my forms, and have successfully been able to open my test response using my private key. However, when I export my data to Excel, the date remains encrypted.
Am I missing a step in the export?
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on May 26, 2016 at 11:23 AM
It should be noted that setting up a form as encrypted comes at the cost of some convenience.
• Notifications will only alert the user that a submission was received- they won’t include the content of the response. (That’s the whole point! The info isn’t legible from our servers.)
• Users must log into JotForm and also need to enter their private key in order to view their form responses,
• If you lose the private encryption key, your data is gone. We can’t reset it in a such a way as to recover previously encrypted responses.
• Some of the features are not available: PDF Downloads, Reports, Emails that contain form data in them.