User problems with submitting

  • Profile Image
    SunbridgeInstitute
    Asked on May 26, 2016 at 02:12 PM

    I have a user who is on a mac. She gets the following errors when she tries to submit:

    Your file was not found.
    It may have been moved or deleted.
    Err_file_not_found

    Can you tell me what might be causing this issue? She says the file was not moved or deleted. She has tried this now 3 times and is very frustrated. I ended up removing the requirement for uploading files so that she can submit.

    Thank you!

  • Profile Image
    Huberson
    Answered on May 26, 2016 at 03:58 PM

    Hi,

    I have made a test using Safari on mac, the only error I got was 'Error during transaction' which has to do with invalid Credit Card passed to the payment field mostly.

    If this error keep happening, please ask the user to make a screenshot of that error if possible, also let us know the browser used to submit the form.

  • Profile Image
    SunbridgeInstitute
    Answered on May 27, 2016 at 11:16 AM

    It may be that you didn't have any issues because I removed the requirement on all the uploaded files questions.

    It was getting impossible for my user, so I had to remove the requirements so that she could make her submission, and allow her to email the files to me.

    If you duplicate my form, then reinstate the requirements, you may experience the problem that she experienced.

    However, I was looking more for ideas, like: would a strange naming convention on a file cause this error to happen? What kind of things can I ask my users to play around with, to see if they can correct the error when they get that specific error?

    Thank you!

  • Profile Image
    Kevin_G
    Answered on May 27, 2016 at 12:05 PM

    I can see you have added back the requirement to the upload file fields, I cloned your form, removed the payment section in order to test the form only with the uploads fields and it is working fine. 

    This can be related to the size of the file your user is trying to upload, or also may be related to the extension, try setting the proper extensions and max upload size by following this guide: Changing-the-Upload-Size-Limit

    You may also want to try my cloned form, here is the link so you can test on it as well, and if I missed something, please let me know: https://form.jotform.com/61474795140964