What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Adding additional fields to showAsked by mleppin on June 02, 2016 at 08:13 AM
When a form is submitted, I need to show additional fields to the person that receives the form.
I can get the whole form to show but how do I right a condition to allow the receiving party to receive additional fields to edit but make them non viewable for the person completing the initial form?
I presume what you are setting up is some kind of multi level form? Example:
-> Applicant Fills out the form initially
-> HR receives the submission, appends his/her signature on it
-> General Manager receives the submission after HR edits/updates the initial submission. General manager then appends his/her own signature on it.
Currently, the only way to do this is to share the edit link to your target recipients.
1. Applicant fills out the form initially.
2. An email notification with the edit link will be sent to HR.
3. HR then opens the edit link of the submission, he/she appends his/her signature and hit the submit button again.
4. An email notification with the edit link will be sent to the General manager.
5. The General manager opens the edit link of the updated submission and appends his/her own signature.
Here's a sample form that I made: https://form.jotform.com/61534014220944. Here's how I did mine:
1. First, my form has 3 pages. Page 1 is for the applicant, page 2 is for the HR and page 3 is for the general manager. I added a text box that says "Admin Only" on page 1, that will be the trigger to show the page break that will lead to the other pages:
2. Now we will use the conditional logic feature to show the page break ONLY if the "Admin Only" code is correct. Below you can see how I setup mine. I'm also using the skip page function here to navigate the user to the specified page depending on the code he/she entered on the "Admin Only" text box.
3. Now I will setup 4 email alerts. 1 autoresponder and 3 notification emails. To learn more about this, please check this guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/30-Explanation-of-Email-Notification-and-Autoresponder-Settings
4. Now the HR and General manager emails will need to have the edit link for the submission, so that they can update it. Here's a screenshot showing where to find it:
Here's a guide that might also help about the edit link: https://www.jotform.com/help/40-How-to-Let-Users-Update-Their-Form-Submissions-at-a-Later-Date
5. Now we ONLY want to send the email notification of the HR and General manager IF certain fields are completed.
Example, if the applicant page is filled out then send the HR email. If HR fills his/her section and appends his/her signature, then send the General manager email.
This can be accomplished using conditional logic again, here's a specific guide about it: https://www.jotform.com/help/167-How-to-Send-Email-Based-on-Selection
Here's an example setup about it:
Here are the two conditional logic for my email alerts:
You now have a multi level form. I hope that helps.
Perfect Thank you
Melissa Le’ppin | EVP | CGMP
Ph: 1-800-898-1347 x230 | Fx: 1-888-559-8160 |
HotelPlanner.com | Meetings.com | email@example.com
http://www.hotelplanner.com/Common/Images/Emails/HotelPlanner3.jpg meetings http://cdn.hotelplanner.com/Common/Images/fastest-growing66.png
GSA Contract: GS-33F-014CA } U.S. Communities Contract: EV2048
Connect with me on Linkedin and learn about our Bringing People Together partnership with Dylan Ratigan