- gbodle1972Asked on March 18, 2012 at 10:51 PM
My form "EXISTING CUSTOMER REQUEST" appears to have become corrupt and is not updating on my web-site when I make changes to the form in jot-form any longer. I cloned that form into a new form and put the source code in for that hoping it would correct the problem but it only displayed the version I cloned then that one stopped updating as well. I can update either of the forms in jotform and everything previews fine in jot-form but then the changes are not reflected on my web-site even though I saved the form in jot-form.
I had used jot-form with no problems at all prior to this and never experienced this issue. Do I just need to create a new form from scratch due to corruption that occured in the 2 forms?
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on March 18, 2012 at 11:14 PM
It's just a replication delay problem of form.jotform.us. To have a speedy update of your forms, simply change your form embed code from:
Hope this helps. Thanks.
- ItalyTechAnswered on March 18, 2012 at 11:14 PM
Hi, Can you try now again ? I've maded a test and it seems to work good.
- gbodle1972Answered on March 18, 2012 at 11:28 PMSorry...Alessandro.... I tried again and nothing to my existing form
objects I had. I could delete the jotform test message you guys put up but
then when I tried just modifying the lable on one of my fields nothing
happened after several attempts to save
- gbodle1972Answered on March 18, 2012 at 11:30 PMUsing the "www" instead of the "form." worked. Thanks!
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on March 19, 2012 at 03:29 AM
Glad you got it resolved. If you need further assistance with anything, do let us know.