- luciddreamerAsked on June 06, 2016 at 07:28 PM
I am trying to integrate paypal onto a form, but it isn't working. I've tried both the Paypal Express, and Paypal option, but when I try and use the form it says that there is something wrong with the merchant account. I don't understand though, because it was working perfectly fine before.Page URL:
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on June 06, 2016 at 10:25 PM
We actually have a guide on setting up Paypal Express integration, here's the URL: Configuring-PayPal-Express-Integration
Please make sure that your account in Paypal is a Business PayPal account and you have enabled the Digital Goods Also, make sure that the API credentials are correct.
Let us know if you're still having issues with it. Thank you.
- luciddreamerAnswered on June 06, 2016 at 11:45 PMHello,
Thank you for your email. However when I logged onto my paypal account, the
formatting was completely different than the picture attached... I don't
see any option to 'Change digital goods', this is what it looks like :
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on June 07, 2016 at 12:11 AM
We apologize for the inconvenience caused. Our user guide: Configuring-PayPal-Express-Integration was not outdated already so we have not updated the images yet on the guide.
We will update it as soon as we can.
I suggest you also check the paypal support for more info on how to setup digital goods on your account. I search the internet and found this paypal support discussion.
Hope this help. Let us know if you are still not able to make it work.
- luciddreamerAnswered on June 09, 2016 at 02:45 PMHello,
This still does not help. I don't think this version is updated either, it
instructs me to go to "business setup" and then select "digital goods" as
an option, but as you can see if you go on the page none of the options
allow me to do this.
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on June 09, 2016 at 05:14 PM
You can check this PayPal's guide for Digital goods setup: https://cms.paypal.com/cms_content/US/en_US/files/merchant/paypal_digital_goods-express_checkout_getting_started.pdf
Regarding the setup they say this:
Once you have a Business account, you’re ready to set up PayPal for Digital Goods – Express Checkout.
• Go to My Accounts
• Click My Business Setup
• Check whether Digital Goods is listed as the payment solution
• Click Change if Digital Goods is not listed as the payment solution
• Select Digital Goods and click Start Now
Please try to follow their guide in order to setup your digital goods. And also you can check this link as my colleague already suggested above.
Let us know if we can help you further.
- luciddreamerAnswered on June 11, 2016 at 12:45 AMHello,
I don't see any option to check digital goods. There isn't anywhere on the
business set up page that allows this option. This is the page:
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on June 11, 2016 at 03:29 AM
Unfortunately, I don't have Paypal Business account to test, but here are some useful links that should guide you through:
And on this page: https://www.paypal.com/ca/webapps/mpp/compare-business-products
At the bottom of the page, you can see Digital goods:
Just log in to your PayPal business account and you should be able to set it up.
If we can be of any assistance please let us know.
- luciddreamerAnswered on June 11, 2016 at 10:45 PMAfter i click digital goods, it just takes me to a page of irrelevance to
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on June 12, 2016 at 02:21 AM
The problem is that, you have not entered your Paypal API Credentials in your Paypal field.
1. Edit your form in the form builder
2. Click the Paypal Pro field in your form then click the magic wand icon to open the payment wizard.
3. Enter your Paypal Pro API Credentials. You must have a Paypal Pro account type to get this. You can also click on the link under the API fields for the guide.
4. Save the changes after that. That should fix the problem.
- luciddreamerAnswered on June 12, 2016 at 02:45 PMEven after using the API credentials, it didn't work. However, I have a
business account so maybe that's why, but I wanted to use the 'paypal
express' version instead of 'paypal pro'. After this I tried simply using
the regular, basic paypal option, and when I tried to submit to the form,
this showed up:
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on June 12, 2016 at 04:30 PM
I see that you've switched to Paypal (standard) but you failed to enter the correct Paypal account. You have to enter your Paypal Email on the Paypal Account box as shown on the screenshot below.
Hope this helps!