- iStoreAsked on June 10, 2016 at 02:56 PM
I have a particular text field mapped from a form on my website (using jotform) to a text field in mailchimp. We are collecting a URL for an image that then gets merged into an automation email within Mailchimp. The problem is Jotform is adding "https://s3.amazonaws.com/xxxx" to the beginning of the URL. Why and how do we fix this? We just want the exact text (image URL) to be sent to the corresponding field in Mailchimp.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on June 10, 2016 at 03:45 PM
Images uploaded to JotForm are stored on our servers. The URL should look something like this:
Could you provide an example of the file URL you are receiving? There should not be information appended to the beginning of any URL's when they are forwarded.
- iStoreAnswered on June 10, 2016 at 03:53 PM
Jotform is appending:
onto the URL when sending them to mailchimp. Looking at the jotform submission, jotform is storing the original URL correctly. But when it sends to mailchimp it appends the amazonaws url to the beginning. Here is the screenshot from mailchimp:
- iStoreAnswered on June 10, 2016 at 04:00 PM
On a side note: In safari, I can't upload an image here within this question box. When you click on 'Insert/edit image' it opens the popup, but when I click on the folder to upload a file from my computer, it flashes closed and inserts this question mark in a blue box:
I had to use Firefox in order to get it to work in my answer above.
- iStoreAnswered on June 10, 2016 at 04:02 PM
This is the form https://form.jotform.com/61457386608162
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on June 10, 2016 at 04:04 PM
I will forward this to our developers to have a look. This should not be adding the form and submission ID's to URL's entered in text boxes. We will let you know via this thread when we have any updates.
- iStoreAnswered on June 10, 2016 at 04:09 PM
Awesome. Thanks. Can you give me an idea of how long it will take to resolve? This is literally the last piece keeping me from taking my new company 'live'. Thanks for you quick responses btw.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on June 10, 2016 at 04:11 PM
Unfortunately, I cannot say when this will be addressed. It depends on the workload of the developer it is assigned to and the priority level that it is given. We will let you know as soon as we have any new information.
- iStoreAnswered on June 10, 2016 at 04:16 PM
Sorry David - but just looking for a 'ballpark'. Few hours, few days or few weeks?
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on June 10, 2016 at 04:19 PM
I would say generally about a week. But again, it could take less, it could take more, depending on the aforementioned variables.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on June 12, 2016 at 10:48 AM
This bug has been fixed. Do let us know if you need more help.