- Larry5000Asked on June 11, 2016 at 05:33 PM
I seen the feedback forms more or less, but is there any just Guest book forms Where a person can type in what they want to say and it will automatically get put on a guestbook page. Or if nothing else they can submit a testomony it comes in e-mail then we can manually put it on a page?
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on June 11, 2016 at 10:54 PM
Making a Guest Book is possible with JotForm.
This can be made possible by inserting a Text element in your form, creating an HTML table or Grid Listing Report and then inserting that report onto the free text field.
To create an html table or grid listing report:
1. Go to My Forms then click on the form that you want to create a report of
2. Click the Reports button then click Add New Report
3. Choose HTML table or Grid Listing then click Next
4. Check/uncheck the fields that you want to show/hide, click Next
5. Copy the iframe codes provided
To insert the report's iframe codes onto your form:
1. Add a Free Text HTML field into your form. This can be found under the Power Tools option
2. Click the free text field, then click the HTML button in the toolbar
3. Paste the report's iframe codes into the HTML textarea
4. Save your form
Let us know how this works for you. Feel free to ask us if you have further qeustions. Thank you.
We also have Facebook comments and Disqus comments widgets available.
Facebook Comment Widget:
If you need any further assistance, please let us know.
- Larry5000Answered on June 11, 2016 at 11:04 PM
Wow seems like a lot of steps to go through just for a Guestbook. Since these are still kind of popular it seems like Jotform would have some of these already made up ahead of time. In any case thank you for taking the time to explain how to go about it. Should I attempt this I will let you know how it turns out for sure.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on June 12, 2016 at 02:27 AM
Thank you for your response, Larry.
It may be too lengthy of a process but it's actually quite easy to create. Basically you just need two things, the form, and the submissions report of the form. Ideally I would prefer separating the report and the form itself and place both on just a single web page.
Feel free to let us know if you need assistance on this matter.