- gsobeautifulAsked on November 04, 2010 at 03:13 PM
Is there a reason for this? I'd like to be able to offer "Please check all that apply" AND allow for Other "please list".
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on November 05, 2010 at 02:56 AM
Other option is usually used on radio buttons. It is not common to see it on checkbox fields on regular forms. But, you are right, survey forms usually have other question for checkbox questions. We did not think of them. We will add other option to the checkbox questions. I'm adding it to our todo list.
- gsobeautifulAnswered on January 27, 2011 at 10:05 AM
Any idea what the status of this request is on the "to do" list?
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on January 28, 2011 at 08:02 AM
It is still in our feature requests list. We haven't had a chance to work on it.
- johnboscocampAnswered on February 28, 2012 at 11:24 AM
This is over a year old - any chance we will be seeing it soon? We are developing an online registration form and this would be very useful when gathering the information we require. Thanks!
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on February 28, 2012 at 05:09 PM
I am sorry for the delay on this, but I can not provide any ETA at this time. Our Developers are extremely busy, and it might take some more time to add the other option.
In the meantime, you can use the following workaround. Add a simple Other option to your Check Box field, add an Other Text Box field. Then, use a Show condition to show the Other Text Box field when the Other Drop Down option is selected.
You can also clone this example form to see how it is made.
Please feel free to contact us if you need any further assistance.
- fransanderssonAnswered on April 13, 2012 at 06:55 AM
Thanks Mike_T - That is actually a bette solution!