- shetaniAsked on June 16, 2016 at 09:23 PM
I would really need and greatly appreciate some guidance or assistance with editing the submission PDF for one of my forms...
The PDF contains a lot of text fields (added as "Add Text" from Customize PDF menu) and one image (logo). For some reason, these text fields and the logo are getting messed up no matter what I do, how I rearrange or resize them, refresh the page, or restart the editor.
Attached is a screenshot of a part of the PDF. That's what I get in preview and even after saving the report, refreshing, re-doing, etc. it defaults to being messed up.
What I do is edit the boxes to show correct info (1st Reviewer's Comments, then 2nd, then 3rd), I click Save Report, and when it's saved, I click Preview and see the messed up screenshot as attached. Refreshing the report then gives me the messed up report to edit.
The form ID is 61625902789365
Please let me know if you can help me with this and if there is any way I can fix the PDF without again re-doing it from the start. I would even be okay with doing it if I was sure it would fix the issue, but the issue was repeated on second redo.
Or, if I'm using some layout which might be the cause of the issue, please let me know.
Thanks and cheers,
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on June 16, 2016 at 10:37 PM
I would recommend you to restart the PDF design:
1) Go to Submission view and the click on PDF>>Customize PDF:
2) Then click on the reset button:
Once you get the default design, you can let us know what you are trying to modify, so we can try it out.
- shetaniAnswered on June 17, 2016 at 05:02 AM
Thank you for your response!
I have reset the design now and started re-formatting the PDF. Doing so, I noticed the moment when this issue happens:
1. I have added text labels with "Add Text" option from the PDF menu. Labels are "1st Reviewer's Comments, 2nd Reviewer's Comments, 3rd Rev..."
2. These labels come at a certain default height which leaves a big space at the bottom, between the text box and the row below.
3. Resizing the text box by shrinking height to the height of "one row" causes the corruption between all text boxes.
My current PDF is again corrupted, so if you would like to test it out for yourself, please feel free to reset the design again.
I have two questions now:
1. Would it be possible to fix this glitch so that shrinking the text boxes (to less than their default height - height of one row) doesn't corrupt all text box data?
2. Would it be possible to reduce the default height (padding?) of those added text boxes so that one row of text in the text box is the same height as one row label in the PDF by default?
Regarding my description of "default height" and "one row height", please see this screenshot:
Thanks and cheers,
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on June 17, 2016 at 06:42 AM
Please accept my apology but I am not sure if I have understood your question correctly. Your additional question is based on the fact that you have not edited the default submission PDF template after you have reset it?
You may also like to share a screenshot of the issue where "shrinking the text boxes corrupts all text box data"..
We will wait for your response.
- shetaniAnswered on June 17, 2016 at 03:25 PM
I reset the form again today and have been redoing these text boxes but as of yet the issue hasn't reappeared... I will follow up if it does!
To better explain what was happening:
1. I reset the PDF template and then added a few text boxes ("Add Text").
2. Each text box had some text inside ("1st Reviewer", "2nd Reviewer", ...).
3. I tried resizing one of the text boxes by shrinking height from "default" to "one row height"
4. This "corrupted" all the text boxes as in my first screenshot which shows this order:
while it should have been:
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on June 17, 2016 at 03:56 PM
Thank you for taking the time updating us on the status of your concern.
Feel free to contact us anytime should the issue reappeared again.