- chilton1199Asked on March 21, 2012 at 08:41 PM
I have created a form to receive feedback, and have set a series of check boxes. Using the conditional properties button I have tried to set the form so that if the feedback is either a compliment or a suggestion, one free text note is shown, or if the feedback is a complaint a different free text note appears. It seems that I can only make the first option appear for either a compliment or a suggestion - but not for both. I can change which of the check boxes trigger the appearance of the note, but not make the condition apply to both.
is this a limitation of the system, or am I doing something wrong>
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on March 21, 2012 at 10:11 PM
Please check if this is how you wanted it.
Please inform us if this sorted it out.
- chilton1199Answered on March 22, 2012 at 03:41 AM
Yes, thank you, that is exactly what I wanted. What was i doing wrong (so I know for the next time and won't have to bother you again!
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on March 22, 2012 at 03:45 AM
I think you got too many Conditions setup. Took me a while figuring it out also.
Then I remove them all, read your logic and add apply each condition. It took only 3 conditions to follow the logic you wanted. You can clone the form if you want, then check the Conditions I setup.
- chilton1199Answered on March 22, 2012 at 04:04 AM
I have just done it again - cleared all the old conditions up and started again.
I have only three conditions -e.g. If x then show v: if y then show v: if z then show w.
Still only one of the first two options in my form does what it should, unlike in yours!
How do I get to check the conditions you set up?
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on March 22, 2012 at 04:17 AM
Here are the Conditions, in case you have difficulty cloning the form.
- chilton1199Answered on March 22, 2012 at 04:25 AM
I see what I did wrong, I set it up as three separate sets of conditions
If x then show v: if y then show v: if z then show w.
It should have been two
If x then show v or if y then show v: if z then show w.
Once again thank you for your help. I think Jotform's support service is by far the best I have ever had to deal with. prompt, patient, helpful. Awsome service!!! Thank you again
- chilton1199Answered on March 22, 2012 at 04:30 AM
All sorted. Problem solved. Happy customer!
be proud of yourselves, you are great
- JotForm SupportGoldoAnswered on March 22, 2012 at 04:35 AM
Glad you have it sorted.