- dbtmichiganAsked on June 20, 2016 at 05:43 PM
On my "Individual Training Registration" form I can't view the submission. It says I need to upload my "Private Key" to view the submission. I can't find the code I need to enter. Help!
I made a clone of the form and removed the submit button in an attempt to remove the encryption. Did I do that correctly?
- JotForm SupportJim_RAnswered on June 20, 2016 at 07:09 PM
Hi Erin, when you enabled the Encrypted Form option, you were given an option to generate and download a private key.
If you forgot where you downloaded/saved your key, you may generate a new one by doing the following:
1. Click PREFERENCES at the top of your form dashboard > ADVANCED > ENCRYPTED FORM DATE > set to NO > then SAVE
(NOTE: This will let you achieve what you're hoping to do when you cloned your form and deleted the submit button in an attempt to remove the encryption)
2. Redo the same steps above only this time, re-enable Encrypted Forms to re-trigger the generation of keys
3. Create a new key
4. Download your key (this will be the same key you will use to view all submissions sent through your Encrypted Form)
To better demonstrate, just follow this short clip below:
After downloading your key, redo Step #1 above if and only if your aim is to disable your encrypted form altogether. Otherwise, keep the "Encrypt Form Data" option set to YES to continue utilizing this security feature, along with the new key you downloaded.
Hope that helped! Don't hesitate to get back to us if you have further questions.