- webmasterxptAsked on June 28, 2016 at 12:46 PM
Will upgrade if all of the advertising goes away.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on June 28, 2016 at 01:36 PM
Please note that JotForm Footer gives you unlimited form views but displays JotForm logo in footer. Showing the JotForm logo is completely optional and you can any time enable/disable it form your account setting page. Please check the screenshot below how to enable/disable Jotform footer:
If you upgrade your account, it will give you higher form views limit and you can go ahead and disable "Jotform Footer".
I am not sure if I have understood your second question "Also does it disable Jotform from emailing the customers?"
Can you please explain this a bit more in detail and we will surely help you.
We will wait for your response.
- webmasterxptAnswered on June 28, 2016 at 02:05 PM
I ran a test form fill out and the address I used to request information received an autoreply from Jotform with a little "Create your own form today!" at the bottom.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on June 28, 2016 at 03:03 PM
You can actually remove the footer part while on the free plan. Just edit the autoresponder email and delete the row:
But the Powered by Jotform in the form, below the submit button can only be removed by upgrading your account to our regular pain plans.
- webmasterxptAnswered on June 28, 2016 at 03:17 PM
Could you possibly direct me on where I can access that screen?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on June 28, 2016 at 03:28 PM
Sure. Please follow the steps below:
1. While in the form builder, click the "Emails" button
2. Hover your mouse in the Autoresponder 1 and click the "Edit" option:
3. Scroll to the bottom to edit the text or remove the entire row:
The Jotform Footer can be found on the My Account - Settings page: https://www.jotform.com/myaccount/settings.
- flutekeyAnswered on August 14, 2016 at 10:03 AM
I, too, was interested in removing the "Create your own form today" ad after a person submits their application so I did what was described above on one of my forms. Now all my forms say that there is no recipient email in the Autoresponder 1 and I'm now confused as to what to choose on the dropdown menu.
Tell me how I can make sure that I receive an email notice that a submission was made, and tell me how to make sure the person that filled out the form receives an email that we got their form.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on August 14, 2016 at 10:15 AM
I have moved your concern on a separate thread so we can better assist you. You can check the thread here: https://www.jotform.com/answers/905893. We will attend to your concern on that thread accordingly.