- smfrtAsked on June 29, 2016 at 11:08 AM
- victorAnswered on June 29, 2016 at 12:28 PM
I have just reviewed your email history and noticed that there was only a single email address that had issues. I also noticed that today there was an email notification that was successfully sent to that address.
If you are still having problems, please let us know. We will be glad to assist.
- smfrtAnswered on June 29, 2016 at 12:45 PMCould you send me your email log for the firstname.lastname@example.org email address…specifically the ones that ‘FAILED’.
I’m trying to whitelist those emails from our end, and cannot figure out why they are being blacklisted…I thin your log files will allow me to look at date and time of the emails that were blocked and look into why Office 365 is blocking them.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on June 29, 2016 at 01:44 PM
Please not that you can check the email logs yourself. You may like to take a look at the following guide which should help you: https://www.jotform.com/help/293-How-to-View-All-Your-Form-Email-History
- smfrtAnswered on June 29, 2016 at 03:45 PMI need to know WHY you are placing an email address in your Blocked List.
I have looked at the logs…SEE ATTACHED.
June 23rd at 11:24 you sent an email successfully….the next email…6 minutes YOU failed to send it. WHY?
My IT people are NOT seeing the failures even hitting out email server, SO what triggers emails getting put on your Block List?
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on June 29, 2016 at 04:24 PM
The email recipient is not currently in bounce list: https://www.jotform.com/help/262-How-to-Remove-Your-Email-Address-from-Bounce-List
It looks like your email address is rejecting our IP addresses. Please white-list our Jotmail IP addresses within your email server (or ask for it to your email service provider).
Read this article for more details: http://www.jotform.com/help/145-Whitelisting-JotMails-IP-Addresses
- smfrtAnswered on June 30, 2016 at 09:45 AMOur Email system is NOT blocking you …100’s of Emails are getting through….the issue is is blocking 2 email addresses Wendy.Neer@southmetro.org and Marilee.James@southmetro.org. ALL of our forms get sent to one of these email addresses, and it seems your system stops sending them after heavy use.
Our system is NOT blocking your emails…they are not even getting to our server.
This is a very unfortunate situation. We have enjoyed using JotForm for over 1 year now, and starting around June 14th, your Emails are breaking our business processes. If this issue cannot be resolved quickly, we will be forced to leave JotForm.
Can you please proved a screen shot, a report, and/or a log that shows exactly the message(s) you have received from our Email server displaying the date, time, and message of the error from a message you say that our server ‘blocked’ the email.
Your system has been sending hundreds of emails to our email system. for some reason it keeps re-blocking 1 or 2 email addresses: Wendy.Neer@southmetro.org and Marilee.James@southmetro.org…and it will send ALL OTHER @southmetro.org email addresses.
Please, lets work together to resolve this issue right away.
- smfrtAnswered on June 30, 2016 at 10:45 AMAnd this is from my “IT” department:
we are never even receiving emails from their servers. Our servers know nothing about the emails, as if they were never sent, therefore there is not even a record or log of the emails.
I have also verified we have no IPs in our connection filter block list, and no IPs in our spam filter block list.
I also have our ‘spam’ settings set so messages flagged as spam go to users’ Junk folder, instead of being deleted.
The fact that I have no record of the lost emails in our server log is really the biggest indicator that a problem lies most likely with the sender. There is nothing going on with our servers that are preventing delivery because there is no email received to begin with.
- victorAnswered on June 30, 2016 at 11:00 AM
Sorry for the inconvenience. I have again check our bounce list and neither emails where found:
I also reviewed your email history with our tools and noticed that there was no email send to Marilee.James@southmetro.org. Can you pleas indicate and verify the form which he should be linked to.
When reviewing the history for Wendy.Neer@southmetro.org, I noticed that the last 3 notification have been sent out properly.
Unfortunately, since it is not in our bounce list, we can't give you a solid reason why it was failing before.
If you have additional questions, please let us know and we will do the best to answer any doubts you may have.
- smfrtAnswered on June 30, 2016 at 01:45 PMThat is because I cleared them from your bounce list.
It's the failed ones I need a report as to why they failed.
Or...do I need to wait for you to start blocking them again to figure out why you are not sending them?
Sent from my iPhone
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on June 30, 2016 at 03:02 PM
As you have already removed your email address from bounce list, we are unable to see the bounce reason. If the issue occurs again, do get back to us without removing it from bounce list and we will take a look at the cause.