- aprendivertidoAsked on June 30, 2016 at 12:55 AM
Is it possible to have the app grade different options in a text area or field? For example, having three possible answers that someone might write and the correct answer would be either "forgot the umbrella, didn't remember to bring the umbrella or did not bring the umbrella".
In this particular case, check boxes or radio buttons aren't a good alternatives as the idea is to fill in the missing information by rephrasing a message. Thanks.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on June 30, 2016 at 02:33 AM
Unfortunately, it is not possible to have three possible answers for the text field. Only one answer can be accepted by the quiz app.
A possible workaround I could suggest would be to add conditions to a text field, then if their answer fulfills the condition, a checkbox will be checked to indicate that they are correct, and it will still count as one point. Please allow me some time to setup the guide. I will be back shortly.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on June 30, 2016 at 02:40 AM
Please follow this guide to set it up:
1. Add a textbox field where the user will input their answer.
2. Add a checkbox field that will tell if the user's answer is correct. This is the question that we will set in the quiz app. If they are correct, then it will be one point. You can set this field as read only so the user will not be able to modify it.
3. Now add the Update/Calculate condition.
4. Now all we need is to setup the correct answer in the quiz app: