What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Showing multiple fields using ConditionsAsked by clockert on June 30, 2016 at 08:59 AM
I want my user to define (probably in a drop down) how many items they are looking at in a warehouse.
If they are looking at 1 item, they would choose "1" and then 1 new field would pop up for them to put a serial number into.
If they are looking at 2 items, they would choose "2" and 2 fields would pop up with serial numbers.
The number of items they are looking at should never exceed 4.
This is possible with the use of the Show/Hide field conditions. Please check this demo form: https://form.jotform.com/61814039219960
Here's a guide on how I created the demo form:
1. In your Form Builder, create 1 Drop Down field and 4 Text Boxes field as shown below.
2. Open the Conditions wizard.
3. In the Conditions wizard, select the Show/Hide Field.
4. Create a condition wherein IF the value of the drop down field is equal to 1, then only 1 serial no. field will show.
5. Create another condition by clicking the New Condition button.
6. In the next condition, you need to show 2 fields if the drop down field is equal to 2. Choose Show Multiple Field in the DO drop down. After that, highlight 2 serial no. fields. You can do that by holding the Shift key and the clicking the other item.
7. Create 2 more conditions with the same settings but different value. If the drop down field is equal to 3, show 3 serial no. fields. Just do the same thing in the 4th condition.
8. This is the final screenshot of the conditions I created.
9. Save your form when you're done.
Hope that helps. Let us know if you need any further assistance. Thank you!