- goldstaradminAsked on July 01, 2016 at 02:23 PM
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on July 01, 2016 at 02:33 PM
Can you please provide us URL of your webpage, so that we can test your embedded form.
Please try to embed it with iFrame code.
Looking forward to your reply.
- goldstaradminAnswered on July 01, 2016 at 02:58 PM
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on July 01, 2016 at 03:54 PM
I was not able to replicate mentioned issue. I have filed some of the fields on your form and when I clicked on submit button, I was taken to the first required blank field.
I have tested your embedded form in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Required field is not always shown at the top of the page, but it was shown. I did not have to scroll up and down to find required field.
Which device and browser are you using? Are you not taken to the first required blank field when you try to submit the form?
- goldstaradminAnswered on July 01, 2016 at 04:06 PM
I am using the latest version of Chrome on a Macbook less than a year old.
It depends on the size of your screen, I imagine. The first required field that is left empty should always be at the top of the page. Anything different is very confusing for the user, and depending on their device, may not be shown. If I fill in corresponding author first name, middle name, and last name, then press the submit button, this is what I see:
The next required field that I left blank is the address field, but pressing the submit button has bumped me up a little too far, and so a user would have no idea what was going on. This is not showing an error message at all. I know it is right below there, but my users may not.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on July 01, 2016 at 05:17 PM
I can also replicate this on a 14.5, 19, and 21.5-inch monitors. Just a recap of what steps to do, you can replicate the problem by doing the following:
1. Fill the first few fields, say the First, Middle, and Last Name fields.
2. Submit the form.
3. You'll get the required field error, but instead of the going to the next required field that is not filled, the form will go to the very top:
4. Re-submit the form without filling the required fields, you'll get the correct window.
I have now forwarded this to our developers for them to check further. If there are updates, you should know it through this thread.
- goldstaradminAnswered on July 01, 2016 at 08:03 PM
Thanks. I had found that same behavior, where re-submitting it the second time brings you to the correct place. I believe a past thread had mentioned that the issue was with the resizing of iframe that occurs the first time the submit button is pressed, according to the sizes of the error messages added. I look forward to a solution.
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on July 01, 2016 at 09:11 PM
I'm not sure if the form's height calculation is causing the issue since I have checked the iFrame's height and it is the same, when you click the submit button for the first time and when you click it the second time.
However, as my colleague Welvin has informed you, this thread has been escalated to our second level and our developers will take a look into the issue, they will resolve it and you will be notified here.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on July 04, 2016 at 07:15 AM
This is now fixed. Please let us know if you have other problems or concerns.
- goldstaradminAnswered on July 05, 2016 at 07:15 AM
- goldstaradminAnswered on July 13, 2016 at 05:55 PM
I believe JotForm repaired something on their end, because it seems to work right on all of my forms now.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on July 13, 2016 at 08:39 PM
Thank you for the confirmation it is now fixed on your end.
Contact us anytime should you require further assistance.
I have created a new post for your concern here https://www.jotform.com/answers/882159
We will respond to it shorlty.