- AndreaOstroffAsked on July 05, 2016 at 11:26 AM
And every time someone pays via paypal, I need to accept each payment individually before it gets recorded on the jot form submission. How can I avoid having to accept each payment as it comes in?
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on July 05, 2016 at 11:49 AM
If a payment is not completed, it will not show in your submissions view. That submission will be triggered as an incomplete payment, please check this guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/135-How-to-view-incomplete-payments
Once you click the Incomplete Payments button, a list of pending submissions on your form will open . You may choose to either Delete, view Details of, or Complete this submission.
Note: Completing a submissions will NOT process any payment as there was no payment information to begin with. The system will simply treat this as a regular submission so it can be included on form reports, and that email alerts can be fired off as usual.
Here are some other guides that you might like to see:
https://www.jotform.com/help/276-How-to-Enable-IPN-for-Paypal (Instant Payment Notification is a POST message sent by Paypal whenever a transaction is completed on their side.)
Let us know if you need more help.
- AndreaOstroffAnswered on July 05, 2016 at 12:45 PMThis unfortunately does not answer the question....and still requires me to
individually accept each submission or payment.
How can I get the form to enable paypal to automatically accept the paymets?
so that there wont be any "incomplet submissions" to begin with
*Andrea OstroffCaptured Images727 Frisco Ave.Far Rockaway, NY
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on July 05, 2016 at 01:10 PM
Payments made over the form are actually automatically accepted by Paypal.
Here's how the form works with Paypal integration
1. User submits the form
2. The form redirects to Paypal checkout page
3. User completes the payment over Paypal
4. After successful payment, you will received the payment in your Paypal account and as well as the submissions in JotForm (notifications will be sent to your emails too)
Now if the submissions gets pending or end up as incomplete payments in your form submissions page then there certainly is a problem. There are many reasons why payment submissions gets pending,
1. It could the a user error, or the user simply abandon the page after redirected to Paypal. This results into incomplete payment submissions.
2. If Paypal IPN is disabled in your Paypal account which was explained on the links provided by my colleague. This is necessary in order for the payment submissions to be processed properly.
If you have further questions, let us know.