JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Hide empty fields in the email notificationAsked by dhellman_ballreich on July 05, 2016 at 12:26 PM
Our warehouse will fill the order when a driver places it, so I only want the email to show the quantities of what the drivers want. The form is here:
You can only access the Hide Empty Fields on Emails option in the old interface. Also, this will only work in the default email notification. Please follow the steps below:
Here's the result of your form that I cloned and edit, it will only show the items ordered:
Here's a guide on how to do it:
1. Add a string "&old" in Form Builder's URL. Here's an example:
2. After that, go to Preferences. Go to Advanced Settings tab and enable the Hide Empty Fields on Emails option.
3. When you're done, create a new email notification and delete the old one.
4. Select the Notifier and then click Next.
5. Make sure that the email notification is set up properly. Click Next when you're done.
6. Don't Unlock the Data Table in the email editor. If you try unlocking it, you'll get a pop up message indicating that the Hide Empty Fields will not work if you proceed.
7. Save the form and try doing a test submission.
User guide: How-to-Hide-Empty-Fields-on-Email-Alerts
Hope that helps. Thank you.
@Jim: I have moved your inquiry to a new thread and will address it there shortly. Here's the link: https://www.jotform.com/answers/887431.